Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

2006 Z06 possible lifter issue

After putting the battery on the car today and getting it started and letting idle for a good 15-20 minutes. I now have a loud metallic ticking noise.
Spoke to a mechanic friend of mine who advised to take it for a slow drive round the block to see if it goes, it hasn’t. He’s mentioned it may be a bad lifter.
Has anyone had anything similar, if so, if it does turn out to be a lifter, how much am I looking to get repaired, and assume is better to put an updated set back in?
Ive only had the car 7 months so need to talk to the garage i got it from to see if they will assist with any costs as i technically purchased the car without a warranty but they did say obviously if anything major goes wrong, they wouldn’t just walk away as they are a well known Corvette dealer.

My mechanic friend is popping round one night in the week to have a listen.

Thanks

Norm

CCCUK Member
This may or may not solve your problem, but if you google 2006 Corvette piston slap or noisy lifters, a ton of reading from many others with the possible same problem. The piston slap will go away after a warm-up, the lifter tap, could be a problem. Good luck with fix.