Booster Bore

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Does anyone know what difference a larger or smaller bore makes within a brake booster, the Summit site shows two different bore sizes for a C3 booster, and i am trying to improve the braking efficiency of my C3, thanks. ps i allready have slotted and drilled discs, willwood callipers, fresh fluid, and tried 3 types of pads.

Corvette

Well-known user
Small bore master cylinder is non power brakes, larger bore master is for power brakes.

If you HAVE power brakes then you have a brake booster (USA) , brake servo (UK). The power bit comes from the vacuum created of the intake. In other words if your brake master cylinder bolts direct to the firewall then you have non power brakes.

This is a pic of a car with a booster (servo). It's the big round between firewall and master cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Small bore master cylinder is non power brakes, larger bore master is for power brakes.

If you HAVE power brakes then you have a brake booster (USA) , brake servo (UK). The power bit comes from the vacuum created of the intake. In other words if your brake master cylinder bolts direct to the firewall then you have non power brakes.

This is a pic of a car with a booster (servo). It's the big round between firewall and master cylinder.
Cleared that up, thanx.