Build Sheet Data

Pete C2

Regular user
Hi, Ive been searching the net looking for where i can get a copy of my 1964 C2 build data sheet and window delivery sticker. The only place I've found has been the Corvette Museum (www.corvettemuseum.org). Can anyone give me any other suggestions. I know where to find all the numbers on the car and was advised before purchase that it had original numbers Chassis, Gearbox, carb, however had a Warranty Replacement engine after 6k. What I'm trying to do is get all the evidence and history together.

Jan25

CCCUK Member
I remember seeing mentions across the internet that GM has no records left of that era (off the top of my head, their earliest records date from a VIN number format change, either late 70s or early 80s). This is what allowed a cottage industry to develop, turning not-so-special C2s into highly-optioned rarities, and this is why cars sold with original documentation (order sheet showing the option list, original window sticker, etc...) tend to command higher prices.

There is a lot of information in the NCRS judging guides (one per model year) to decipher build codes and determine build or cast dates of the different components. A lot of that information can be found scattered on the net, too: the US forum corvetteforum.com is a good source if you're not afraid to spend some time playing with the "advanced search" page... The NCRS can also issue a document that indicates, based on the VIN, where a car was delivered (dealer number) and when.

I hope this helps, good luck with your research work!

Pete C2

Regular user
I remember seeing mentions across the internet that GM has no records left of that era (off the top of my head, their earliest records date from a VIN number format change, either late 70s or early 80s). This is what allowed a cottage industry to develop, turning not-so-special C2s into highly-optioned rarities, and this is why cars sold with original documentation (order sheet showing the option list, original window sticker, etc...) tend to command higher prices.

There is a lot of information in the NCRS judging guides (one per model year) to decipher build codes and determine build or cast dates of the different components. A lot of that information can be found scattered on the net, too: the US forum corvetteforum.com is a good source if you're not afraid to spend some time playing with the "advanced search" page... The NCRS can also issue a document that indicates, based on the VIN, where a car was delivered (dealer number) and when.

I hope this helps, good luck with your research work!
Thank you, I've got everything i need to decipher all the VIN plate, spec codes and block numbers etc. Just checking the Holley Carb numbers now. I was trying to get copies of original documents (hence Build sheets and Window stickers / Tank sheets).
Regards Pete

Pete C2

Regular user
And it turned out that it was high on the list. Many thanks, Pete, for joining the Club.
Worth the money even if the service being provided by the members is free on the forum. Anything to help keep the forum going.

Pete C2

Regular user
Just had (www.corvettemuseum.org) in the US come back to me on what they have available on record and as thought nothing, falls clearly in the statement :
I am sorry we will not be able to help you on this occasion.
Unfortunately we have been told by General Motors that all records from the St. Louis Plant were destroyed in a fire after the Assembly Plant was re-located to Bowling Green in mid-1981.
Because of the fire there is no documentation for the Corvettes build in St Louis. Corvettes were build in St Louis 1954-Mid 1981.

Lets see if i can find any previous owners in the US and other private archives. Determined.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
That's a shame, but also strange.

Some years ago, GM Heritage advertised that they had a number of "Factory Shipping Invoices" for certain years of St Louis production. I duly went ahead and found they had one for my '78, which I ordered, for a price. It came in pdf form, along with a few other bits and bobs, much of which I had already as part of the GM Restoration Package. The invoice is almost a build sheet, as it contains the details of the cars RPOs etc, but also the shipping date and destination, in our case a dealer in Fort Myers.

The interesting/disappointing thing is that since then, I have been unable to access the "archives" section of the GM Heritage site that used to deal with these invoices.

Would it be worth dropping GM Heritage an email I wonder?

Pete C2

Regular user
Hi Stephen, Many thanks, Ive just e-mailed GM and will keep you posted on any responses. I also tried accessing their Archive pages on the web site but also get similar access issues (think they took it down).
Regards
Pete