C6 Parts needed

David A Wright

Regular user
Hello All,

Just taken my C6 out of long term storage and a little TLC is required. I would welcome recommendations for reliable firms in UK providing parts. I'm based in Preston and need the following:

1. Interior bonnet release
2. A/C condenser - its leaking
3. Front left hand side inner wheel arch
4. Bonnet hydraulic struts . Can these be recharged?
5. Underside air dam and plastic moulding
6. Rubber 'grommets' for roof panel. Its become very squeaky.
7. Braided steel brake hoses

Also. A couple of weeks ago the interior mirror/footwell lights stopped dimming. They now remain on from opening the door till the time park the car and walk away. Have disconnected the mirror but unable to the same for the footwell lights.

Other electrical gremlins are:

1. The clock has stopped working since I took the car out of storage
2. The lighter socket has stopped working some time ago
3. The Sat Nav no longer recognises the DVD

Now I'm back in the UK and using the car regularly, it would be nice to her back to fully functioning before I start tweaking things

Regards

David

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Hello All,

Also. A couple of weeks ago the interior mirror/footwell lights stopped dimming. They now remain on from opening the door till the time park the car and walk away. Have disconnected the mirror but unable to the same for the footwell lights.

Regards

David

I had the same issue at first, see post #7 here: Interior lights on 06 acting funny... - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

:)

As for parts, it's nice to use the UK companies. Alternatively use GM Parts | GM Accessories | CULTRAG Performance and open an account with Shop US Stores & Ship Internationally | Get a MyUS Shipping Address (Free 30 Day Trial!). You can then get the parts shipped to your new 'MyUS' address in Florida, they re-package it and send it on to you. Very handy if you want to buy a few parts from different sources, especially if they are running a free US shipping offer. It saved me about $1000 last year in shipping to the UK!