Club Valuations for insurance

stiej1977

CCCUK Member
hi all,

i have searched the forums, but can't find the link or info to how i get a club valuation.

my insurer has offered me to submit a valuation and i think i'd like to.

how do i go about getting a club valuation?

many thanks

Vettemike09

Committee Member
I needed one a few years back for my C4 and it was supplied by my regional rep upon request. I’m not sure if that is still the process or not, perhaps the chairman can confirm?

Roscobbc

Sorry Guys - only just seen this thread - it was the case that Tom Falconer did insurance valuations for club members, foc. Now in retirement he is unable to offer this service. If we were in the position where we had a full committee we could look at possibly appointing one of our number to offer valuations, even a discuss having a specific Valuations Officer. This is something that one of you could raise at next months AGM - if there was a majority in favour of having someone within the club to do this theoretically it could happen.......but then we would need a member to take it on.......Public Relations Officer and Nationals Organiser posts have been vacant for at least two to three years with no one taking the roles on despite appeals for applicants - the above positions would be a priority to fill before considering someone for valuations........one would think that out of 800+ plus members we'd have a few people who would like to help out fellow members wouldn't you?..........

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Like I said before, perhaps the Regional Reps should take on this role as they did previously when I needed a valuation.

stiej1977

CCCUK Member
Are there any particular requirements/standards for whoever it is to give a valuation that represents the club?

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
Hi - I can provide an insurance valuation for you based on photos (frt/back/inside/engine) and modification details.
I would need vin, reg no, mileage and expected insurance val figure.
Be aware the valuation is based on the cost to replace the the car in similar condition if a disaster occurs, this is not necessarily the market value.

I can provide the paperwork by email (then by post after June 20 as I am in California atm)
Keith
keef@eurovettes.com

stiej1977

CCCUK Member
That’s great to know Keith. Many thanks. When it’s washed and polished I’ll get some over to you. My insurance company doesn’t state a value except “market value”. Again thanks for all the help.

Roscobbc

Like I said before, perhaps the Regional Reps should take on this role as they did previously when I needed a valuation.
Whoever does valuations for members will need a understanding of the market for not just late model cars but also (and more difficultly) earlier vehicles.
Sorry but I can't see regional reps wanting to be a part of this and the potential liabilities that could follow in the event of a claim where the insurer refutes the purported insured value of the car.
I was recently asked by a member to value his fully restored C2 vert. My idea of value and his differed by £20K - £30K. My value was based on current market prices - his was on his owns costs to purchase car plus resto costs. Any insurance valuation will be visual only - we wouldn't be in a position to offer a full mechanical and matching numbers inspection of the vehicle. Perhaps our friends over at the NCRS would be in a better position to offer this.
I see that Keith Beschi of Eurovettes has offered his services in respect to vehicle valuations......he is back from the 'States in a few weeks - we can discuss with him then perhaps?

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
I can do an ins valuation. Need vin, reg, mileage, mods over stock. Pics of frt back side eng and int. Plus your valuation request.. remember this is cost to replace in same condition not market value. Cheers keith. Keef@eurovettes.com