Clutch problems

Grahamred70

CCCUK Member
Hi All, just in case you haven't read my post on the "old" forum I have a problem with my clutch adjustment after my gearbox overhaul and upgrade 2 years ago, part of the upgrade included a 10 spline input shaft with a proper seal which necessitated a clutch change to suit.
After putting everything back together I found that the only way to get the clutch to disengage was to adjust the nut almost to the end of the threaded rod to the extent that there was no room for the second lock nut!
The clutch kit was a LUK supplied by Scott at CK and fitted perfectly so can only assume it was correct, other than the new clutch kit nothing else was changed in the clutch release mechanism and before the gearbox work the clutch was fine, when removed there was plenty of life left on the friction plate, the old clutch had no names or identification numbers on it so I have no idea what it was.
Any suggestions as to what to look for and what can be changed to get it right?
Graham

Grahamred70

CCCUK Member
Update of where I am now, after much research I found other instances of similar problems following fitting a replacement clutch. suggested solutions are a longer ball stud or a longer release bearing which is what I have gone for.
I am waiting for a replacement spring clip for my clutch fork which I discovered worn when it was out last time but as it worked before I guessed it would be OK to go back in but as it's coming out again I thought I might as well replace it.
I'll add to the thread as I progress.
Graham