Did you ever imagine?

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
Imagine owning tires like this. If Chevrolet had offered these (as originally planned) in 1978, for the Silver Anniversary (25th) and/or Limited Edition pace car, wouldn't that have been neat?

GoodyearCorvette.jpg

You just know that somewhere, a retired Corvette or Goodyear employee has a few of these stashed away.

N

Norm

I've been around Corvettes a good while (50+ years), that's a first for me......o_O

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
This two-page article from a mid-1977 VETTE magazine issue actually shows how in-flux the design still was. Before going to assembly, the colours changed, the front fender name decal changed, the rear spoiler changed and, of course, the tires changed. Oh, and the number to be built changed too.

I've been around Corvettes for a long time too, Norm. 52 years, to be exact. (y)

1978ChevroletCorvetteLimitedEditionPaceCar-p1.jpg

1978ChevroletCorvetteLimitedEditionPaceCar-p2.jpg

1978ChevroletCorvetteLimitedEditionPaceCar-AD.jpg

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
This two-page article from a mid-1977 VETTE magazine issue actually shows how in-flux the design still was. Before going to assembly, the colours changed, the front fender name decal changed, the rear spoiler changed and, of course, the tires changed. Oh, and the number to be built changed too.

I've been around Corvettes for a long time too, Norm. 52 years, to be exact. (y)

View attachment 622

View attachment 623

View attachment 624
Nice,seen the Indy 500 tyres but not those.
Would be cool to have a set but at what price I wonder