Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

Good bye '72

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Spent the weekend neglecting everything else to work on the mellow yellow but managed to meet up with some Manchester Car Show Veterans for a day out and beers. Last year I purchased a portable car lift so dragged it 'out back' raised the car up and got down & dirty pressure washing all the crud off. Degreased the engine bay and hosed that down covering the intake of course. Vacuumed the inside and then cleaned the paint. Removed the rocker covers and fitted some cleaner spares I have so I can polish up the originals and refit. Rerouted some vacuum tubes and wires for a cleaner look. Removed and cleaned the rear light lenses. Removed and started sand blasting the front grilles to see if they can be salvaged as very expensive to replace. Replaced some blown lamps and checked all chrome items to see what can be saved or refurbished. Reached out to two known quality painters only to be told there's more money in quick collision repairs so they're no longer doing full resprays.

Blimey! That's come up nicely! Some people would be happy to have an engine that smart after a restoration:)

Mr. Cricket

CCCUK Member
Blimey! That's come up nicely! Some people would be happy to have an engine that smart after a restoration:)
Thanks Stephen but my goal is to match or better the red LT-1. Several parts missing but so far managing to find most if not all. And I'm still coming to France ok

20180331_143803_resized_2.jpgI'm

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have a picture of my Vette on one of those scissor lifts too - the garage that was doing the slow burn work on it used it to work on my Vette in their "project corner".

Mr. Cricket

CCCUK Member
Pushing on and got most parts back from chrome & plating. I delivered some 200+ nuts, bolts, washers, split washers, screws in ziplock bags and got them all back in one box mixed up. Sorting through that lot was fun but at least all the bolts have different head stamps so that helped.

Attachments