Indie 500 stickers

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Well guys can’t make my mind up wether to put the original indie 500 door stickers on ,what’s your thoughts???
My car with no stickers on and a car with stickers on .
BCAFB3E8-678A-4D0F-A630-DA41EA6DE513.jpeg0C550655-E478-4AF1-A144-2623D5E42684.jpeg

N

Norm

I actually like both, however, if used strictly for shows with serious judging, I'd go with the graphics. If more scootin' around and just plain having fun and doing cruise-ins, leave them off, plus it's easier to clean and detail. :)

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
I would definitely wear them. They "make" the car. To me, at least, a 1978 Limited Edition doesn't look finished without them. :)

1978ChevroletCorvette-LimitedEdition-barn-find-13-miles.jpg

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
P.S. I was personally there, sitting across from the starter podium, at the Indy 500 in 1978. Why? Specifically because Corvette was pacing it. It was quite the thrill when Jim Nabors sang "Back Home Again in Indiana", and the race was on.

Sorry about the terrible video quality. It was the only one I could find of him singing in 1978...

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I tend to lean towards leaving them off myself. To me, it just looks "cleaner".

Of course, if you were going down the NCRS route you'd leave them off, because the cars came from teh factory with teh decal stored in one of the rear cubby boxes, for dealer installation if required. NCRS judges cars to "following dealer basic prep" standard.

Though I'm an ex-NCRS Judge, I'm not necessarily a fanatic for originality, (I'm afraid ours is far from that) but if a car is a nice original car, I think its a shame to spoil that - they are only original once. So, looking at your paint, I wouldn't touch that. It is a 40 year old car, so it can wear a bit of patina with pride when it looks that good! Plus, it gets more respect at events that way in my experience.

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
I tend to lean towards leaving them off myself. To me, it just looks "cleaner".

Of course, if you were going down the NCRS route you'd leave them off, because the cars came from teh factory with teh decal stored in one of the rear cubby boxes, for dealer installation if required. NCRS judges cars to "following dealer basic prep" standard.

Though I'm an ex-NCRS Judge, I'm not necessarily a fanatic for originality, (I'm afraid ours is far from that) but if a car is a nice original car, I think its a shame to spoil that - they are only original once. So, looking at your paint, I wouldn't touch that. It is a 40 year old car, so it can wear a bit of patina with pride when it looks that good! Plus, it gets more respect at events that way in my experience.
Yes I like it both ways ,but will leave as is at the moment

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
hi mate
i would not buy the real ones
chances are they will be shot sitting about for 40+ yrs
i would get copys
Hi m8 ,I’ve got the originals that came with the car and to be fair look ok .
I did put the original wings on the rear wings and they was ok after 40 years E2227518-9E72-4CB9-BEE2-0D0A5D32F053.jpeg504F0088-74BF-45BB-AA4A-29FDE352ECFA.jpeg

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
hi yeah they look ok
well as i said i think the car looks better with them
but each to there own
i have new copy ones to go on mine after paint
if i ever get round to it lol
I’m sure you’ll get round to it , there’s always something to do on the old girls lol 😂 .Did you buy the full set of stickers and pin stripes

phill78

CCCUK Member
I’m sure you’ll get round to it , there’s always something to do on the old girls lol 😂 .Did you buy the full set of stickers and pin stripes

hi mate
i have them all bar the indy wings
got them off ebay yrs ago
all copys but still cost a arm and leg lol

Jan25

CCCUK Member
For my taste, the "Indianapolis Motor Speedway" wheel and wings sticker looks cool, and it is quite discreet. Not a fan of the rest of the stickers, as others mentioned the car looks much "cleaner" without them...

Ask a Swiss any kind of question, he will always come up with a half-way compromise of some sort. We run an entire (albeit small) country like this... :D

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Now forgive me for slight possible ignorance here, but I know Corvettes are made from fibreglass, but aren't the doors all metal?

My point being is that you could get a set of stickers made up and stuck to a sheet of magnetic roll (like a giant fridge magnet) and then you could have the stickers on and off the car whenever you wanted to have a different look :)

phill78

CCCUK Member
Now forgive me for slight possible ignorance here, but I know Corvettes are made from fibreglass, but aren't the doors all metal?

My point being is that you could get a set of stickers made up and stuck to a sheet of magnetic roll (like a giant fridge magnet) and then you could have the stickers on and off the car whenever you wanted to have a different look :)

no the doors fiberglass

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member

Well I actually think that my doors are fibre glass because you can see it shining through here and there but not 100% sure