Let's See Your Own Corvette Personal Favorite Photos

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
My 1999 Custom Corvette, too many images forum post does not allow so did it this way as a slide show

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Redlevel

Well-known user
You are still with us Exit Wound - Excellent - I thought we had lost you - I did not realise you had changed your "handle" again
Cheers Barry.
I was asked to change it after some twat called our personnel and said they were upset at me using this forum during 'working hours'.
It caused more mirth and sympathy rather than any problem for me, and I had already pushed the retirement button anyway..
Anyway, here be some pix of a previous incarnation of my '87.
new.JPG114.JPG147 (1).JPGSAM_0289.JPGRedCorvette.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
First image I thought you had dropped a valve and then all that rubber - you are supposed to be a "canny" Scotts guy and not so liberal with the Pratt and Witney and layered rubber on the tarmac.

But I must say; that is impressive laying down of the rubber for that length with your wide boots on those BBS's - what happened did you get your right foot caught up on the mat?;););)

Redlevel

Well-known user
First image I thought you had dropped a valve and then all that rubber - you are supposed to be a "canny" Scotts guy and not so liberal with the Pratt and Witney and layered rubber on the tarmac.

But I must say; that is impressive laying down of the rubber for that length with your wide boots on those BBS's - what happened did you get your right foot caught up on the mat?;););)
It was starting to weave a little towards the top so I had no choice but to lift off as I couldnt see much either.
I buy my tyres in advance and stash them as 295/50x16 is a hard size to find but I see Nankang are now making them.
I dont normally drive like that (thats the road up to my front door) as anyone would know who did that, but Michelles daughter had a photo assignment from college for action photography. As you can see from the image quality, it didnt work too well and I wasnt doing it again!
As well as the crap traction of the Coopers, the motor has a collection of a few simple mods which really wake up a stock L98. Still runs out of breath at 4500 though...
Me at home in the yard out back and my Megashifter/snooker ball stick and Michelle's truck20181025_193643.jpg20180915_151504.jpg
received_326540987906525.jpegFB_IMG_1534022609119.jpg

Last edited:

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
After 2 1/2 months of waiting, finally collected the car from Southampton docks on Friday.
Only to find when we returned home that Jeeves the Butler had gone out for the afternoon so I had to park the car myself. :p

It was worth the wait, just need to get it converted and registered now.C7-1.jpg