Let's See Your Own Corvette Personal Favorite Photos

N

Norm

Nice '59 or '60. Can't tell from the outside.
It's a '59. Very tough to distinguish between the two exterior-wise, nothing pops out to determine the year. Most changes can be seen inside the interior and chassis parts. If you know your year designation on the VINS, that's the quickest way to find out.

N

Norm

Labor of love. I remember those days, the end of the day shower was a relief to get rid of the fiberglass itching........tore me up.:eek:

N

Norm

You just keep posting them up. Oh there are folks that are interested, they just don't post anything, don't ask me why......:rolleyes:

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
It's hard to believe these two cars are both Chevys, and are both from 1967. Quelle différence!

I've had the Bel Air for several years now having picked it up in Tennessee with the intention of restoring it. However, life keeps getting in the way. The interesting thing, Norm, is that the original owner was a Petty Officer in the USN, and the car spent most of its life with him in Florida. I have stacks of paperwork for every oil change and maintenance job done on the car. It was sold new at Hoehn Chevrolet in Memphis, the same dealership where Roy Cash (Johnny Cash's brother) was Service Manager. Due to this connection, three of the dealership's employees, who happened to be guitar players, ended up being invited by Johnny Cash to form The Tennessee Three - Luther Perkins, Marshall Grant and 'Red' Kernodle...all from Hoehn Chevrolet. Now, how's that for a story?

DSCF2011.JPG

HoehnChevrolet-lighter.jpg

IMG_0092.JPG

I'm wavering on the car, from day to day. First I'm going to sell it. Then, I'm going to restore it.
23m4lko.jpg

Did I mention that I have paperwork?
34ngwp0.jpg

Last edited:
N

Norm

Neat story. I was a Chief Petty Officer in the U.S. Coast Guard, I can relate to not having enough time for pet projects, life kept getting in the way. That '67 brings back memories, my first radio car on the force was a 4D '67 Biscayne, oh I beat the crap out of that car.....:LOL:

GregMVF4

New user
I think Im transitioning from2 to 4 wheels - that's my last bike :0( Until last year I had 5. Two were Ducatis - a Pani Tricolore and a 996SPS :0/

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 5

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
It's hard to believe these two cars are both Chevys, and are both from 1967. Quelle différence!

I've had the Bel Air for several years now having picked it up in Tennessee with the intention of restoring it. However, life keeps getting in the way. The interesting thing, Norm, is that the original owner was a Petty Officer in the USN, and the car spent most of its life with him in Florida. I have stacks of paperwork for every oil change and maintenance job done on the car. It was sold new at Hoehn Chevrolet in Memphis, the same dealership where Roy Cash (Johnny Cash's brother) was Service Manager. Due to this connection, three of the dealership's employees, who happened to be guitar players, ended up being invited by Johnny Cash to form The Tennessee Three - Luther Perkins, Marshall Grant and 'Red' Kernodle...all from Hoehn Chevrolet. Now, how's that for a story?

View attachment 877

View attachment 879

View attachment 880

I'm wavering on the car, from day to day. First I'm going to sell it. Then, I'm going to restore it.
23m4lko.jpg

Did I mention that I have paperwork?
34ngwp0.jpg
Love this! But surely the USA weren't approving children smoking back in the late 60s? As the plaque on the lighter clearly infers it would be the minor taking same out and using it? 😉