NCM Banners

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I was CCCUK's NCM Ambassador many years ago and I did rather hope we could have bought a banner. But, there wasn't much interest, from the committee of members, in those days.

However, CCCUK does now have a new Ambassador in Mike Buchannon, so perhaps he could whip up enough enthusiasm. CCCUK does have a brick (which I arranged) and a few of us have individual bricks. CCCUK also used to be featured on Mike Yeager's "Corvette Clubs of The World" mural at Mid America, but it's a long, long time since I've been there to see if it still survives!

My "other club", Corvettes of Souther California, had a Parking Lot Banner a couple of years ago....

N

Norm

I was CCCUK's NCM Ambassador many years ago and I did rather hope we could have bought a banner. But, there wasn't much interest, from the committee of members, in those days.

However, CCCUK does now have a new Ambassador in Mike Buchannon, so perhaps he could whip up enough enthusiasm. CCCUK does have a brick (which I arranged) and a few of us have individual bricks. CCCUK also used to be featured on Mike Yeager's "Corvette Clubs of The World" mural at Mid America, but it's a long, long time since I've been there to see if it still survives!

My "other club", Corvettes of Souther California, had a Parking Lot Banner a couple of years ago....

As a club, we earmark club funds (dues) to appropriate a banner every year, have always had a banner since that program started. Also, we use the previous year's banner as an award for our "member of the year" winner. So every year, someone in the club gets a banner to hang in their garage.

I'd be willing to contribute $'s for this endeavor. Who wouldn't like in CCCUK to have a banner, I'll bet there are a few who'd like to proudly display one.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I like that idea Norm. I'd like to think there are plenty f people who'd like a banner..... It wasn't the case 15 years ago, so hopefully things will change. (y)

Rich

Administrator
I like that idea Norm. I'd like to think there are plenty f people who'd like a banner..... It wasn't the case 15 years ago, so hopefully things will change. (y)

I hope that wasn't during my time on the Committee as I don't recall being aware that there was such a thing. I wonder if the Committee would be willing to look into this and find out the various costs including the manufacture of the banner and the rent at the NCM. Probably quite relevant for one of the largest Corvette Clubs outside the US in our 40th anniversary year.

N

Norm

I hope that wasn't during my time on the Committee as I don't recall being aware that there was such a thing. I wonder if the Committee would be willing to look into this and find out the various costs including the manufacture of the banner and the rent at the NCM. Probably quite relevant for one of the largest Corvette Clubs outside the US in our 40th anniversary year.

All the info you need is right here.

Parking Lot Banners – National Corvette Museum

kentvette

CCCUK Member

Hi Rich, No, before your time on the committee. The club now has a new Ambassador in Mike Buchanon, and I think this may be one of the things he is looking into. I have been in contact with him and I know he has some good ideas. The NCM has all the info to help out it's Ambassadors, so Mike will certainly have all details.(y)