New owner

Westhamtim

Regular user
Continuing from my "potential new owner" thread on the old site, maybe I can now post a pic.... Not the best pic but the car doesn't come out when there's salt on the roads!

Still keen to hear from anybody that has successfully upgraded their speakers as very disappointed with the stock setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_122850.jpg
    IMG_20181231_122850.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 15

Westhamtim

Regular user
...and here's the pic from the autotrader ad that took me from casually browsing classic American muscle to Corvette convert. I had absolutely no need for another car but was desperate to buy off the back of this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_092758.jpg
    IMG_20180905_092758.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 9
P

Phil223

Continuing from my "potential new owner" thread on the old site, maybe I can now post a pic.... Not the best pic but the car doesn't come out when there's salt on the roads!

Still keen to hear from anybody that has successfully upgraded their speakers as very disappointed with the stock setup.

Hi Tim

Welcome to the wonderful world of Corvette ownership.

I’ve a C5 that has had the head unit upgraded - but I’m not sure about the speakers. To be honest it does sound half reasonable, certainly listenable. Much better than the stock system in my C4.

I have however upgraded the system including the speakers in the C4. The only thing is I can’t for the life of me remember with what! I did just pop the covers off and went into my local car audio retailer and bought some mid price speakers.

I’d suggest to remove one of each that you want to replace and do the same.

Hope this helps.

Westhamtim

Regular user
Thanks Phil, might give it a go. I've recently read elsewhere that the Bose logos can come loose and cause distortion so might play with those first

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
Hi Tim, nice looking car! Love the look of having the all black roof against the silver.

My car has all new audio hardware (quite old now). Small 4 channel amp behind the passenger seat, new head unit and then new 3 way speakers in the doors and a sub in the centre compartment of the boot. Rear speakers aren't used anymore, they tend to get soaked when you open the hatch in the rain so probably for the best.

Getting a double din centre console section will allow you more choice of head unit, either buy one or convert your own (Custom Exotics in Harlow have done a few). I've just got a blanking plate and single din HU, it doesn't look great but gets the job done.

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
What's wrong with Max Power :p

You wouldn't know it's there unless you looked, very discreet. Could always pop some neons there to light it up if you wanted ;)
IMG_20190205_192210.jpg