No longer a Corvette owner!

Roppa440

Well-known user
I sold my C5 last weekend to a very nice guy from Blackpool. So that is me done with Corvette ownership!

I have to say that the C5 was just the best "old" performance car I have ever driven from an all-round performance view. I have really enjoyed owning it for the last 8 years. Quite sorry to see it go actually.

I might be going back to getting some old Mopar again in the next year or two. But possibly not. Ill health and looming retirement are making me too soft for working on old cars. I also have to make sure I am not going to be short of money when retirement comes so a car that will probably need a lot of regular spending on it is not something I want to rush into until I see how I am set.

Meanwhile I have spend the money from the Vette sale on a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit. I have always liked jeeps and have owned a couple over the years. The Summit is the top spec and has a good 247hp, 420lbs/ft torque 3.0 v6 turbo diesel to pull it around.
Expensively trimmed in leather and wood and tons of options/gadgets, or looking at it another way, possibly a lot to go wrong over the coming years. But it is the ideal vehicle for both me and the wife to use with the dog and get away in all together more weekends.

I've made some good friends via this club and upset a few stuck up idiots. So I have enjoyed my time here tremendously. :)

I hope my technical posts over the years have been interesting and inspired people to "have a go" at working on their own cars themselves.

I will still be a "lurker" here until my membership runs out but apart from possibly putting the odd thing on for sale I won't have much to post about. So over and out!

Dave Robson

51295962_10157834634187699_2567591579090944000_o.jpg

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Although I'm not a C5 owner, and some of your posts were C5 specific, I still enjoyed them - mostly:D:D

You'll be missed here, for sure. That's a good looking Jeep - Enjoy!(y)

WelshVette

Busy user
Sorry to hear you are leaving - enjoyed your posts and some times your rants :LOL: Enjoy your jeep But one thing for sure is - Once a petrol head, always a petrol head

Roppa440

Well-known user
The new owner of my Corvette seems very happy with it. I just picked up our Jeep on Saturday. Amazing vehicle. But by comparison to a sports car it's like being at the helm of a ship. LOL

Loving the jeep though.

Attachments

• 51479855_10157845287932699_9150077350501679104_o.jpg
    51479855_10157845287932699_9150077350501679104_o.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 12

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
As an aspiring C5 owner (currently a 2002 Camaro Z28 at the moment, so close but no cigar!), I'd love to see a list of your technical posts, especially since I expect they're spread over 2 websites now.

cheers, Gavin.

Redlevel

Well-known user
All the best Dave..
You certainly inspired me to change a few things on '87 to the extent that it handles and starts/runs way, way, better than it did.
The Jeep looks a real beast, but I'm keen to see if a mopar materialises someday..
Cheers,
Steve

N

Norm

Oddball: Hi, man.
Big Joe: What are you doing?
Oddball: I’m drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.
Big Joe: What’s happening?
Oddball: Well, the tank’s broke and they’re trying to fix it.
Big Joe: Well, then, why the hell aren’t you up there helping them?
Oddball: [chuckles] I only ride ’em, I don’t know what makes ’em work.
Big Joe: Christ!
Oddball: Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That’s my other dog imitation.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

V

Vetteheadtony

Be sad not to see posts from Roppa440 pop up😒but good luck in the future and retirement, and hope you get another MoPar at some point🤞Jeep looks nice👍🏻