Thames Valley with Surrey region, Visit to Milestones & Little Nellies

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Sunday 24th march saw the first seasonal gathering for Thames Valley along with the invited guests from Surrey Region. Meeting either Near Abingdon or on the outskirts of Bracknell we all proceeded to head to the Living museum called "Milestones" on the outskirts of Basingstoke. After a couple of hours looking at the exhibits, visiting the sweet shop, pub and penny arcade a group of hardy souls headed for Little Nellies American Diner on the road between Basingstoke and Newbury........ A good time was had by all we think!ZENcOpedT4uYlN%yDuDs2w.jpglmOuSetzTqmOCJp3yW31ng.jpgY3kOAPfmThiOLdiWuwmDcQ.jpggUi%VUEzTby2ix6RkvMpDg.jpgOwZhAvtxS%Gx%lvj4JrO6A.jpgexU8szbfQEyVWnBnSMe2Uw.jpg+IZeONvZQsSK1XT0uYljeA.jpgdx8Y2yAkTDmWJph7kwxCuQ.jpgRRd9HVyeR2qQoVsNdJX3fQ.jpg

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Hi, everyone in Thames Valley Region were emailed to their registered email address. Colin, the Surrey rep was given the details and I believe emailed his members. I also sent details to Kent and Essex region. Which region are you in? Do you have the best email address registered with the club?
There is also a Thames Valley Google calendar that registered members have been sent the url for so they can see events. There is usually a pre-event posting for events on the Thames Valley Region Facebook page.

Firepit

Well-known user
I’m Paul aka firepit with the Orange c5. I’ve been a cccuk member with the same email for six years. I’ve attended Hampshire and Surrey events. My car is the current best modified C5. :)

I’d like to see events being advertised in the forums because I’m not a Facebook user.

I’m not convinced people are using this forum much? I posted recently that I was picking my car up from Topcats on Saturday. (Yesterday). Would have liked a run out today.

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Paul, Hi, I have recently become the co-rep with Alan Lewis for the TV region. Did you come to the event I organised at Edd China’s garage a few years back? I agree that many do not use the website these days, that is why we post on the Facebook pages. Hopefully the new website will encourage people to use it more as its much easier to use and more flexible. We are going to try and use it for club regional postings but it will take a while to get people to think of checking it. I am happy to add your email address to our regional list so you get notification of events that way. Just drop me a PM with your address and will add it. Where do you live and what region are you in?

BTW, reps only get the contact details for members in their region, so if you are not officially in the TV region we have no way of knowing who you are unless you ask to be added to a specific regional list.

Last edited:

Firepit

Well-known user
I was at the Edd China event. :) Shame those plans didn’t work out for him. That could have been an interesting place had he built it. I’m guessing my mail must have got lost as I used to get them from Alan.

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Paul, I saw Edd recently and had a good chat, I’m sure we will here more from him soon. It is a shame he sold it to move to the US with WD and then he left and moved back to the UK a year or so later.

When Alan resigned as the TV regional rep Several years back he passed on the regions database with the additions of other interested members. That then got lost in the mists of time and the change to the new membership mojo system. So if you are not in TV then you need to give it to us again. If you are a TV member and not receiving emails then we need to check out what we have on file and figure out why you are not receiving emails.

We have set-up a TV gmail account that we use to email everyone because we have requests from many members from adjacent regions to join in some of our events. MM has a limitation that members can only be registered with one region, so like some other regions, we feed the regions members registered emails into a gmail account and add in others requesting to be emailed about our events. We have a busy schedule of events coming up over the next few months. So if you want to get details let us know and we will add you to our list.