Top 3 Show comments

UK67

CCCUK Member
Many shows over the last few years and naturally you get the same questions/comments. These are my top 3 :-
Love the colour!
How long you had it?
What mpg do you get 😆

N

Norm

I usually get nice! Or thank you for your service. Or how long did it take you to put that together?

z1764.jpgz1763.jpg

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
Not had my Chevrolet (cough Camaro cough cough) for very long, but when I used to daily-ride my Royal Enfield Continental GT [a modern 2013-2018 café racer motorcycle with wire wheels, polished tank, but still using a 535cc air-cooled push-rod single ] I used to get similar questions...

1) "When I was a lad in the 1950s/1960s/1970s/1980s etc I used to ride one of those exact bikes".... I guarantee you didn't, there were only released a couple of years ago.
2) "I love those Nortons/Triumphs/BSAs/Vincents/Harleys (!)/Kawasakis" etc etc... all despite the large "RE" letters on the engine cases.
3) "You've done really well keeping a 30/40/50/60 year old bike looking so fresh"... normally said while staring at the bright yellow 2015 number-plate!

cafe racer at the ace cafe.jpg

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Many shows over the last few years and naturally you get the same questions/comments. These are my top 3 :-
Love the colour!
How long you had it?
What mpg do you get 😆
I always say don’t know the mpg it’s smiles per gallon (y):):)

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
Speaking of shows...

Saw photo of a magazine writer posing with the "2nd Amendment C3" at SHOT show recently... posing with his foot standing on the exhaust! I actually shouted "get your foot off that car"... which when you're reading a magazine in a café does earn you a few odd looks!