Would You Buy A Used Hertz Z06?

N

Norm

Buying an old rental car is often fraught with risk, but also a bargain. Then there’s the Hertz 100th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Z06.
The rental car company ordered 100 of the 650 hp sports cars last year and will soon be offering them for resale at a price higher than you’d pay for a brand new one.

The company told Jalopnik that the yellow and black automatic transmission coupes will likely sell for $90,000 to $100,000 each, compared to a starting price of $82,990 for a brand new yellow one with a stick.

The cars all have less than 10,000 miles on their odometers, however, thanks to a 75-mile free limit imposed on the rentals with a $.75 per mile charge above that.
The premium is thanks to their rarity and expected future value. Hertz’s original “rent a racer,” the 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350H sells for as much as $200,000 today.

Hertz says the cars will start showing up at its sales locations soon. And if you're wary of buying a beat-up rental car, there's one part that should definitely be fine. Hertz removed the chin spoilers off of the cars while they were in service so they could clear the tire spikes at the rental lot, but will replace them before the cars go on sale.

Hertz selling its used 100th anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Z06s for $90,000 and more

Rich

Administrator
Definitely not.

I bought an ex-rental Chrysler 300C. The well know national dealer who sold it to me managed to hide the history from me. It spent more time in the workshop than on my drive.

N

Norm

Definitely not.

I bought an ex-rental Chrysler 300C. The well know national dealer who sold it to me managed to hide the history from me. It spent more time in the workshop than on my drive.

So your answer would be no, I can see why. :mad:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
It might depenon the actual car. When we rented a C6 Hertz car years ago it was a pretty nice car when we picked it up. No signs of abuse and it drove really well. After I and my "detail king" buddy had gone through it on our first evening, it was better than new! But, we were suprised by its high mileage, so it was not going to be long before it came up for sale. If I could have found that car at auctipn I wouldn't have hesitated.

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
No way. Everyone know the fastest car in the world is the one your renting ;) No one rented these to cruise around taking it easy, even if they look ok they're gauranteed to have had a harder time for the mileage on them than the equivalent privately owned vehicle.

Plus, the price of these is a joke!