Wow, how easy is this !!!

Ben

Administrator
Staff member
It’s really nice!! Can I ask if it’s possible to remove the advert for joining the club once you are actually logged in as a member? It’s quite a large banner. Thanks, Paul.
Good suggestion! Again, I'll see whether this is possible.

N

Norm

I have just come across a "Profile Post". Does anyone know what it is please?
Just type in anything you want or have to say, it will stay on your profile page if someone else wants to look at your profile. I don't think what your write goes anyplace else.

Fat Jogger

CCCUK Member
All looks good, well done folks.

Couple of quick observations...

1. My "verify your account" email went straight in to my 'junk email' folder. I've a fairly standard build - W10, Norton, MS Outlook. I know that 'moving to junk' was a decision at my end of the IT chain, and not yours, but I don't know if it's possible to do something at your side to stop the mail handler at my side being so aggressive? I'm guessing not, otherwise all spammers would use the same trick!

2. I wonder if needing to log in and have an account to click on thumbnails to view a bigger picture is a little too restrictive? There's a post about a yellow 77 that's for sale. If you click on the thumbnails, you're advised you need to log in to see larger images. Seems a bit "your name's not down, you're not coming in". If we're trying to be inclusive and encourage people, it might be nicer to be able to view pictures without signing in first? Might be worth looking to see if that policy can be relaxed. Or, if that's a conscious decision about engagement, I'll wind my neck in and defer to you folks that run the club and know what you're doing...

But, overall, a great step forwards - nice work!

(y)

Regards,
FJ

craigyboy

CCCUK Member
If you are viewing on your Android phone simply change screen settings to automatically show portrait or landscape image - then hold/view phone in landscape mode and you should see full formatted screen.
Never had to do that with the old site or any other websites ever. Can't it be fixed?

Ben

Administrator
Staff member
1. My "verify your account" email went straight in to my 'junk email' folder. I've a fairly standard build - W10, Norton, MS Outlook. I know that 'moving to junk' was a decision at my end of the IT chain, and not yours, but I don't know if it's possible to do something at your side to stop the mail handler at my side being so aggressive? I'm guessing not, otherwise all spammers would use the same trick!

2. I wonder if needing to log in and have an account to click on thumbnails to view a bigger picture is a little too restrictive? There's a post about a yellow 77 that's for sale. If you click on the thumbnails, you're advised you need to log in to see larger images. Seems a bit "your name's not down, you're not coming in". If we're trying to be inclusive and encourage people, it might be nicer to be able to view pictures without signing in first? Might be worth looking to see if that policy can be relaxed. Or, if that's a conscious decision about engagement, I'll wind my neck in and defer to you folks that run the club and know what you're doing...

But, overall, a great step forwards - nice work!
Thanks FJ.
1. Since the notification emails are machine-generated (rather than coming from a human sitting at a computer) they're at risk of being categorised as bulk email and filed accordingly. I don't think there's much I can do about that.
2. I know what you mean about the barrier that the thumbnails put up, but it's a very common setting on forums I visit. It may be I can allow the full-size pictures in the 'for sale' forums but keep the restriction on the other forums. The idea behind it is to take some of the load off the server's bandwidth and storage limits. I'll give it some thought.

Never had to do that with the old site or any other websites ever. Can't it be fixed?
Depends on the forum software. I've asked the developer whether this is adjustable, and whether we can hide the 'Join the CCCUK' blocks for users who are already members.

Fat Jogger

CCCUK Member
Cheers Ben. On point 1, yeah i thought so. On point 2, I'll follow you folks' lead as you have a different perspective to me. You've got a club to run, I'm just a user!

Gotta say, the more I drop into the new site, the more I like it. Nice work!

Regards,
FJ

PS: What's the latest car news? Took my gearbox out on NYE 2017, and haven't touched the car since. Life took over. Got a nice set of gates on the house tho. Nearly... As my minor project is going to probably take 2 years, I now know why your major project has rolled on for a while...............
(y)