CCCUK logo

Adrian Flux

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» 5 German Corvette on a North England trip in May by petchy56 on Fri 25 May 18 16:39

» Breakfast / Evening and end of an era Club Meet Midlands Area by Daytona Vette on Fri 25 May 18 12:46

» Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking. by Rich on Thu 24 May 18 22:37

» Masters Historic Festival, Brands Hatch Sat 26 May-Sun 27 May by Forrest Gump on Thu 24 May 18 20:53

» 2019 Corvette ZR1 by Gort on Thu 24 May 18 19:22

» 1981 corvette 64,000 mile on it way over by JJVETTE on Thu 24 May 18 15:48

» Le Mans 2017 by Pigginvet on Wed 23 May 18 22:35

» Harmonic balancer by Vetteheadtony on Wed 23 May 18 13:44

» South Central Regional Meeting and Midlands-ish Breakfast Club - November by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 08:25

» South Central Regional Meeting and Midlands-ish Breakfast Club - October by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 08:22

» Midlands-ish Breakfast Club Meeting - September by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 08:05

» Midlands-ish Breakfast Club Meeting - August by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 08:03

» Midlands-ish Breakfast Club Meeting - July by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 08:00

» South Central Regional Meeting for September by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 07:53

» South Central Regional Meeting for August by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 07:50

» South Central Regional Meeting for July by Bowler on Wed 23 May 18 07:49

» C5 aircon recharge by weslp00 on Tue 22 May 18 20:29

» dash bulbs by damc3 on Tue 22 May 18 19:41

» RockAuto.com Discount Code for Parts & More - Expires August 15, 2018 by Vetteheadtony on Tue 22 May 18 19:27

» What did you do with your Vette today? by petchy56 on Tue 22 May 18 17:10

» Jacking whole car onto axle stands by BlackZeD on Tue 22 May 18 12:40

» For Sale 1976 C3 L48 Auto by Vetteheadtony on Tue 22 May 18 09:07

» Silverstone Classic - 20/21/22 July 2018 by curious bystander on Tue 22 May 18 08:54

» Loose handbrake lever by stiej on Mon 21 May 18 23:23

» CCCUK East Sussex Monthly Meeting in May by Sea5 on Mon 21 May 18 22:07

» Leeds Castle Motors by the Moat Sunday 13th May 2018 by 7YEL on Mon 21 May 18 16:43

» Lincolnshire Corvette Open Day by JJVETTE on Mon 21 May 18 16:41

» FOR SALE - C6 MODIFIED STANDARD EXHAUSTS – louder than stock by craigyboy on Mon 21 May 18 13:23

» Oil by stevel98 on Sun 20 May 18 08:12

» no posts by L88 on Sat 19 May 18 12:41

Le Mans 24 Hour

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

7YEL

Regional Rep

Tue 23 Jan 18 14:00

Re: Le Mans 24 Hour

Le Mans Corral info From Gérard Planche for those who are not on his email list,
and details about Corvette exhibition in Cité de l'Automobile (formerly Musée Schlumpf) in Mulhouse,

Hi all
just a little note to tell you that I am indeed in talks with Cadillac Europe regarding the necessary support to organize the Corvette Corral this year again; more info beginning February!

But this mail is mainly to inform you of a unique Corvette exhibition at the incredible, World-famous Cité de l'Automobile (formerly Musée Schlumpf) in Mulhouse, eastern France (http://www.citedelautomobile.com/en/node/1471)

It has been put together by our friends at the Corvette Racer Team and has received great reviews! (http://www.citedelautomobile.com/en/node/2362)
The exhibition lasts until February 18th.
Don't hesitate to go and spend at least a day, checking the Team's C3 racer and the other generation Vettes gathered in this fantastic environment! Any car enthusiast HAS to have seen the Cité de l'Automobile at least once anyways!
Plenty hotels in Mulhouse to check on booking.com. Gérard Maurer, of the CRT, can help if needed (gerard.maurer1@gmail.com).

Have fun...and Happy 2018!

Gerard

--
Gérard Planche

Last edited by 7YEL on Tue 23 Jan 18 14:03; edited 1 time in total. [0 %]

Fishy Dave

Club Member

Sun 04 Feb 18 12:46

Now we have a Corvette my wife and I would like to attend Le Mans for the first time. We've never been before; the 'drunk lads on tour' reputation has slightly put us off, but we are now sure that it's just a case of choosing the right place to stay.

So, as a first timer what would you recommend? Should we go for a package such as with Speed Chills or 1st Tickets? Or is it worth waiting for Gérard Planche as mentioned in this thread? Presumably with the latter I would book ferry crossings separately? It would be nice to be parked with our Corvettes and their owners.

Thanks, Dave and Beth Smile

roscobbc

Committee Member

Sun 04 Feb 18 14:19

Good afternoon Dave - the club does have a 'hardcore' of members who go to this and other European events - I'm sure someone will stop by later-on and advise you.........

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman & Editor, Vette News
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

curious bystander

Committee Member

Sun 04 Feb 18 15:15

Anyone wanting to go could probably do worse than contacting Alan Lewis at Fantastic Roads.

Alan is a supporting vendor to the CCCUK, a Club Member and all round nice bloke.

http://www.fantasticroads.com/Le-Mans-2018(3018862).htm

(just hope he doesn't read this - hate to see a grown man blush Laughing )

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

Fishy Dave

Club Member

Mon 05 Feb 18 11:18

Thank you, it looks like a very well organised trip, away from the mayhem, but perhaps a little too pricey for me. I'm hoping to pay around £500ish. Smile

kentvette

Club Member

Mon 05 Feb 18 13:07

I've never looked at FR's Le Mans trip before. Got to say, as a local, it sounds perfect! Out of the mayhem "South of the Big Wheel", decent accommodation and a shuttle bus. Not cheap, but I'd be considering seriously if we had to come over from the UK.

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

curious bystander

Committee Member

Wed 07 Feb 18 21:24

Here's another idea that may be of interest.

Although at first glance it may seem expensive, I have it on good authority that all prices for accommodation in the Le Mans area over the racing weekends are hiked up

To view details: click on Download below.

This is not an endorsement by the CCCUK for this company

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

vaughan watkins

Club Member

Thu 08 Feb 18 10:15

Fishy Dave wrote (View Post):Now we have a Corvette my wife and I would like to attend Le Mans for the first time. We've never been before; the 'drunk lads on tour' reputation has slightly put us off, but we are now sure that it's just a case of choosing the right place to stay.

So, as a first timer what would you recommend? Should we go for a package such as with Speed Chills or 1st Tickets? Or is it worth waiting for Gérard Planche as mentioned in this thread? Presumably with the latter I would book ferry crossings separately? It would be nice to be parked with our Corvettes and their owners.

Thanks, Dave and Beth Smile

Dave
There is a degree of very yobish behaviour that does cause a real concern, the main thing is to not be driving around in your pride and joy near the parking blue and down around karting area as particularly on the Friday evening Saturday evening it gets a little out of hand, we’ve done the Gerard planche corvette coral a few times and have always been happy, generally once we arrive on the Thursday the car stays there and we walk everywhere so don’t get the yobs trying to get you do do burnouts and stuff)
We had a nightmare a few years ago as my brother was invited to use his corvette in the drivers parad around Le Mans which was not only a great honour but really enjoyable, the mistake we made was we stayed in Le Mans for dinner and the evening and then drive back Kate at night which was our down fall as close to the corvette corral was a roundabout that had been taken over by some 200 yobs that we’re blocking the road throwing bottles pushing people if mopeds and generally atacking cars, we had to take shelter in another car park till 2am and I had to go and sit near the roundabout and find a group of helpful people to assist me blocking the wrong side of the road so my brother could make a dash for it without going round the roundabout, it was an incredibly scary time, the beauty of the corral is the cars are safe and there’s security on the gates so your rest assured the cars are safe, it’s a wonderful experience and there are clean showers which is nice

--------------------
Live life!
Got me a 75 and a 66

UkBeancounter

Club Member

Thu 08 Feb 18 13:46

Generally the Gendarmes step in if things get out of hand with the "Burnout Competition" but I agree 2 years ago it did get out of hand and Plod were nowhere to be seen.

The trick is when you get stopped by the crowds to light the rear wheels up, smile and wave, rev the engine loudly and then gesture for the morons to move out of the way as you don't want to run them over.

Then just drive off normally. They are not too bright ! silly

Jason

Last edited by UkBeancounter on Thu 08 Feb 18 13:47; edited 2 times in total. [2 %]
--------------------
Sorry I can't come to work today, I need to see the Vette.

curious bystander

Committee Member

Sat 17 Feb 18 12:58

Thanks to information just in from "our man on the ground" Steve (kentvette), this really should be high on your list if you are freelancing at this years Le Mans.

Virage Mulsanne Event on Friday 15th June

Each year this gathering of classic cars features one particular make of vehicle and this year it's CORVETTE.

So it's our turn to strut our stuff and help fly the flag for Corvette.

It's a FREE event but you must pre-book. There will be food and drink, trade stands and music - and of course plenty of Corvettes to admire.

You need to go on this link: http://www.viragedemulsanne.org/fr/

It's all in French but when the web page opens click on "Je m'inscris" in the centre of the page and then on the next page click "J'ai un vehicule de marque Corvette et je souhaite m'inscire" in blue and just follow the instructions.

Annee is year and Envoyer is Send. Places are limited so if you want to attend don't delay

Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email and more than likely another closer to the event.

Last edited by curious bystander on Sat 17 Feb 18 13:03; edited 1 time in total. [9 %]
--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Events Co-ordinator

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 / Next

Permissions