CCCUK logo

ShipMyCar.co.uk

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Spare wheel light by C34ME on Thu 16 Aug 18 15:37

» Another 'nail in the coffin' for UK based motorsport by roscobbc on Thu 16 Aug 18 13:33

» Tyres by roscobbc on Thu 16 Aug 18 13:02

» Heads/cam by roppa440 on Thu 16 Aug 18 12:44

» Drag event... by roppa440 on Thu 16 Aug 18 09:20

» 1989 C4 For Sale by RobBrom on Wed 15 Aug 18 19:56

» C5 Headlamp Adjusters "Golden Rods" by roppa440 on Wed 15 Aug 18 16:31

» Shooting for 1000whp with my C7 @ Top Cats Racing by Sierra on Tue 14 Aug 18 14:19

» 2003 Anniversary Red and Shale Convertible. by Number3 on Tue 14 Aug 18 07:11

» U-joint replacement by MIT on Mon 13 Aug 18 22:37

» C6 European Rear Light Conversion by Daytona Vette on Mon 13 Aug 18 16:42

» Full geo setup needed. by Daytona Vette on Mon 13 Aug 18 10:33

» C3 Side Exhaust Pipes by CaptainK on Mon 13 Aug 18 10:00

» Kit Kat wrappers don't make good insulation by CaptainK on Mon 13 Aug 18 09:52

» Head Unit Replacement by L88 on Sun 12 Aug 18 13:57

»  by Chris123 on Sun 12 Aug 18 12:24

» 1968 Door Handles by riddyboy on Sat 11 Aug 18 08:54

» Aircon fixed at last! by Daytona Vette on Fri 10 Aug 18 13:29

» Headlight Buckets by kentvette on Fri 10 Aug 18 09:40

» C3 Auto Box Issue Just Developed by Daytona Vette on Thu 09 Aug 18 22:52

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting tonight 9th August by Sea5 on Thu 09 Aug 18 18:27

» History of my vehicle VJD 5G by Bill Riches on Thu 09 Aug 18 16:58

» Borgeson steering box upgrade. by Skeets on Thu 09 Aug 18 13:19

» Cumbria classic (Dalemain House) car show. Sunday 19th August by 666Vette on Thu 09 Aug 18 12:26

» Concours of Elegance by curious bystander on Wed 08 Aug 18 16:47

» What did you do with your Vette today? by MIT on Wed 08 Aug 18 15:31

» South Central Regional Meeting for August by Daytona Vette on Wed 08 Aug 18 10:35

» Some Subtle Mods to my C7 Stingray by C7KEN on Tue 07 Aug 18 22:01

» Boston Bowl - American Meet and Family Day - Saturday 11th August from 11:30am by cjc on Tue 07 Aug 18 15:02

» New alloys - size advice by CaptainK on Tue 07 Aug 18 14:57

Nationals Questions

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

roscobbc

Committee Member

Tue 19 Jun 18 16:42

Re: Nationals Questions

JJVETTE wrote (View Post):Hi Ross ,
Thanks for your reply but however as you know I am one of those nasty guys know as professional reputable car dealers , but I happen to own 2 (in my opinion) very nice Corvettes which are owned insured and registered to me personally but I cant see the harm in bringing along a nice ( in my opinion) C2 roadster that has never been seen at the Nationals before and I was looking forward to having it judged and putting a discreet "for sale" sign in the window and if it sold as a direct result I would make a £500 donation to this years chosen charity the Local Air Ambulance ..
As you have suggested I have written to Mike and will let you know his reply.
Thanks
Jeff

Being as this thread was initially brought-up (and is continuing) on a public forum the answer to your question will need to be on the same forum for the general public and CCCUK members to see and understand the ruling.

The CCCUK Nationals is a member based social event and car show. It is most certainly not intended as a 'platform' for motor traders selling cars, whether just one vehicle or multiple vehicles. Yes, we have a limited 'supporting' from selected and invited traders and club contributors who will have a low key presence.The advertising, selling and display of trade vehicles is not part of the Nationals event. In previous years our members have made it perfectly clear that they do not want to see trade vehicles at the event. These vehicles will also exempt from judging and the awarding of trophies.
Footnote
The CCCUK has no issue if an individual member wishes to put a discrete 'for sale' sign on his or her vehicle

Last edited by roscobbc on Tue 19 Jun 18 16:43; edited 1 time in total. [2 %]
--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

JJVETTE

Club Member

Tue 19 Jun 18 18:20

Removed

Last edited by JJVETTE on Mon 25 Jun 18 18:48; edited 3 times in total. [99 %]

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Tue 19 Jun 18 19:59

Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):
Does this also mean it does not constitute as a trade sale???

Unfortunately Tony, you shot your self in the foot and answered the question here asked, with your following post.

You utilised two words each of one syllable: "Mark Up"

Sorry Barry I didn’t put the hyphen in “Mark-up”
Banghead

--------------------
Vetteheadtony
2004 Z06 lemans edition pro charged
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Tue 19 Jun 18 20:07

Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):Tony you should consult with HMRC on Hobbies and Passions

Promulgated income is income and subject to the tariffs imposed by HMRC

Sorry.

Don’t assume I haven’t already, my accountant would have a pink fit if I couldn’t explain money being wired to the States from my account Thumbs up

--------------------
Vetteheadtony
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

5 USA

Club Member

Tue 19 Jun 18 23:25

JJVETTE wrote (View Post):last year I was good enough and acceptable as a dealer to sponsor 2 trophies at the nationals...

Excellent, keep up the good work!

JJVETTE wrote (View Post): ...for which I got absolutely nothing in return

Presumably your name was engraved on an elegant silver trophy for all to see. You could have taken photos of the lucky winner and bought advertising space to show them off. Corvette News generally welcomes advertising income from people in the trade.

JJVETTE wrote (View Post):I have decided to start a small club called The Corvette Appreciation & Preservation Society ...C.A.P.S which is no way a threat to the CCCUK

I hope it's a great success and will look forward to reading about it on your own website. Mentioning it on here is about as relevant as going down to Tesco and sticking a can of Pepsi in the Coca-Cola cabinet.

--------------------
The Stingray has landed!

JJVETTE

Club Member

Wed 20 Jun 18 09:13

Hi ,

All points taken on board and noted ,

However with regards to getting my own "promo" pics of the winners of the Trophies I sponsored , unfortunately I was too busy with my duties as Essex regional Rep...

No offence intended to anyone with any of my posts .

Jeff

Last edited by JJVETTE on Wed 20 Jun 18 13:33; edited 1 time in total. [1 %]

Daytona Vette

Club Member

Wed 20 Jun 18 19:24

Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):Tony you should consult with HMRC on Hobbies and Passions

Sorry.

Don’t assume I haven’t already, my accountant would have a pink fit if I couldn’t explain money being wired to the States from my account Thumbs up

Unfortunately Tony, you shot your self in the foot and answered the question here asked, with your following post.

Banghead

Tony, no offence made I hope, but yesterday I had my legal hat on I was preparing my own case against the Defendant who was legally represented.

The Court case was today, I have just got back - The Rogue trader lost.

--------------------
Barry - Daytona Vette

Daytona Vette

Club Member

Wed 20 Jun 18 19:39

JJ

I must thank you and the other two Corvette related suppliers from the bottom of my heart for getting together to provide a place for us Vette heads - Thank you.

But your assertion about your Club not being a rival to the CCCUK is a paradox in the negative.

It should be called:

The Corvette Rival Appreciation & Preservation Society ...C.R.A.P.S which is no way a threat to the CCCUK

In my opinion this parasitic situation reminds me of my old Australian mate Bert Dundee, he was a Farmer and built a Cow Shed in which to milk his Cows.

Unfortunately the Cows got wind of it as he had already screwed the Sheep.

No offence meant.

Baa Baa

Last edited by Daytona Vette on Wed 20 Jun 18 19:43; edited 1 time in total. [1 %]
--------------------
Barry - Daytona Vette

JJVETTE

Club Member

Thu 21 Jun 18 09:33

Removed

Last edited by JJVETTE on Mon 25 Jun 18 18:56; edited 1 time in total. [97 %]

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Thu 21 Jun 18 10:52

Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):Tony you should consult with HMRC on Hobbies and Passions

Sorry.

Banghead
Well the way I see it Bazzer it his legal representation must have just finished his YTS degree in la the week before, the judge was asleep or you went into that court room loaded with facts, more than you have in this case!
Not at any point did I refer to myself as “trade”, I simply asked a question as certain people see me as a threat and just wanted to get the facts correct.
I am a London black cab driver and have been for 13 yrs but also a 49 yr old man who has owned Vette’s since my late teens, lots of Vette’s.
I to look forward to meeting you at the Nationals and you buying me a pint!
Love Tony
Tony, no offence made I hope, but yesterday I had my legal hat on I was preparing my own case against the Defendant who was legally represented.

The Court case was today, I have just got back - The Rogue trader lost.
Rofl Rofl Rofl

--------------------
Vetteheadtony
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Permissions