Ian Allan Motors

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Next Engine Mod by BlackZeD on Wed 18 Oct 17 18:09

» 1976 C3 5.7L Auto For Sale by born2bmild on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:38

» What did you do with your Vette today? by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:29

» For Sale C5 OEM Steering Wheel Airbag by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:25

» For Sale C5 upgrade headlight units..Bi Xenon HID 6000k by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:08

» For Sale Custom LS6 intake by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 16:30

» iva test by mike milne on Wed 18 Oct 17 10:18

» Dart Corvette Tonbridge by L88 on Wed 18 Oct 17 08:23

» Next BBCN Region get together 21st October by MIKERED on Tue 17 Oct 17 20:48

» C5 economy by Rich on Tue 17 Oct 17 20:15

» Most expensive petrol by Shifty on Tue 17 Oct 17 19:05

» C5 by Barry scard on Tue 17 Oct 17 18:10

» 1969 - 1972 C3 Wanted by Nick B on Tue 17 Oct 17 12:41

» Wanted two '71 headlamp retaining rings by Ddave on Tue 17 Oct 17 11:22

» Stalling by roscobbc on Mon 16 Oct 17 18:03

» C2 Spotted by chevrolet on Mon 16 Oct 17 15:39

» C4 Zr1 by theseoldcars on Mon 16 Oct 17 14:23

» Alternative Seatbelts by robashard on Mon 16 Oct 17 11:10

» C6 Refuelling (Filling up at petrol station) by Jack Cooper on Mon 16 Oct 17 10:06

» C1 Spotted! by chevrolet on Sun 15 Oct 17 21:20

» Diablew Intune I2 software tuner GM Vehicles 1999 to 2008 by dex99 on Sun 15 Oct 17 20:43

» L98 Misfire problem by Manj82 on Sat 14 Oct 17 23:21

» New centre console-horrible protective gunge by philv8 on Sat 14 Oct 17 20:35

» C5 for sale by longland on Sat 14 Oct 17 18:10

» Nationals Hotel Bookings 2018 by autocolor on Fri 13 Oct 17 20:46

» Stone chip paint.. by stevel98 on Fri 13 Oct 17 20:24

» Can I join the party by Young Bill on Fri 13 Oct 17 17:48

» Baffled!! by Grahamred70 on Fri 13 Oct 17 11:19

» Corvette Registration Number by carsalez on Thu 12 Oct 17 18:59

» Shock absorber install torque problem by Rich on Thu 12 Oct 17 18:47

Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

curious bystander

Committee Member

Thu 29 Jun 17 21:18

Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC

Calendar Event: 10 Nov - 12 Nov

The Corvette Club are now booked into the show for another year.

Hall 5 - Stand 875

This is one of the main show halls and like last year we are close to the Wheeler Dealer Live Stand - a busy area that will guarantee plenty of visitors to our stand.

And what a fantastic line up we have this year -

C1 - C2 - C3 - C4 - C5 - C7

I've seen the cars - and they are all stunners

If you couldn't make it last year make sure your diary is clear this time.

Free tea and coffee for visiting Club Members (and a biscuit if you ask nicely Lick )

Tickets available from the link below and the discount code is shown in the Members Only section

http://www.corvetteclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=143124#143124

https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

Last edited by curious bystander on Thu 29 Jun 17 21:27; edited 1 time in total. [8 %]
--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Fri 30 Jun 17 11:55

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC

How about radically changing the theme of the Corvette stand at the NEC this year for a change?

Let the theme be one of affordability and practicality...

Do away with the expensive, concours, and new Corvettes and just have on the stand the under 15k daily drivers, the regularly used, and otherwise well patina'd and grubby Corvettes you can buy for the price of a used mx5/bmw/Focus or whatever..

i.e. demonstrate that Corvettes can be practical as dailys, reliable for holiday trips and generally 'blue collar' all weather tough and easily maintainable beasts that don't require expensive dealer pampering like a lot of similar marques which is more normal for Corvettes than what is usually demonstrated on the stand.

A lot of the car stands at the show are just expensive and elitist escapism for people on regular salaries, but demonstrating that Corvettes are a race apart and more importantly, affordable, without ownership breaking your bank or your heart, this might turn a lot of people looking for a nice car to think of the Corvette in a way they never regarded it before..

curious bystander

Committee Member

Fri 30 Jun 17 12:03

Interesting idea Steve - will have to think about it for a future show

The NEC is all sorted out for this year though

Try and get to visit us in Glasgow beginning of August Thumbs up

Bill

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

666Vette

Regional Rep

Fri 30 Jun 17 12:22

why no C6 Bill?

--------------------
Cheers
Allen

666Vette

Regional Rep

Fri 30 Jun 17 12:31

stevel98 wrote (View Post):How about radically changing the theme of the Corvette stand at the NEC this year for a change?

Let the theme be one of affordability and practicality...

Do away with the expensive, concours, and new Corvettes and just have on the stand the under 15k daily drivers, the regularly used, and otherwise well patina'd and grubby Corvettes you can buy for the price of a used mx5/bmw/Focus or whatever..

i.e. demonstrate that Corvettes can be practical as dailys, reliable for holiday trips and generally 'blue collar' all weather tough and easily maintainable beasts that don't require expensive dealer pampering like a lot of similar marques which is more normal for Corvettes than what is usually demonstrated on the stand.

A lot of the car stands at the show are just expensive and elitist escapism for people on regular salaries, but demonstrating that Corvettes are a race apart and more importantly, affordable, without ownership breaking your bank or your heart, this might turn a lot of people looking for a nice car to think of the Corvette in a way they never regarded it before..

Great idea Steve, mine is almost a "daily" with 70k on the clock - and will be on the stand in Glasgow for folks to come and have a look at. We'll also have 2 great C3's and a brand spanking new black on black C7 so not the usual mix of cars. Come along and say hello.

--------------------
Cheers
Allen

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Fri 30 Jun 17 14:49

curious bystander wrote (View Post):Interesting idea Steve - will have to think about it for a future show

The NEC is all sorted out for this year though

Try and get to visit us in Glasgow beginning of August Thumbs up

Bill

A lot of us are really surprised that Glasgow is hosting this as they are very 'anti-car' as observed when they moved the start of the Monte Carlo to Paisley.

The Riverside Museum in Glasgow hosts an awesome collection of vehicles that we once were able to walk around and have a good look at in the older museum premises, but in this new museum, they have put the cars all up high on shelves in some kind of weird art form so all you see now are jacking points etc, same with the cream of British motorcycles. Out of reach for good photys.

I'm told the reason for this is that Glasgow does not wish to encourage vehicle ownership, especially old vehicle ownership as they are deemed unsafe and polluting with no place in modern society. In the front window, they had an ex- Robbie Coltrane V8 '70's Cherokee with a card ridiculing it as a unloved dirty, gas guzzler!

What you will notice is that the vehicles you can access are mainly public service vehicles (naturally) and police cars with an exhibit of naughty people building 'cut and shut' cars.. The whole theme is very anti-private vehicle and the potential responsibilities and penalties for ownership..

Compared to the wonderful Lakeland Museum, The Haynes Museum or my favourite, the one at Bourton-on-the Water, the Glasgow one is just dreadful.

Hope the Ignition thing is a good 'un for all, but I'll not be there, prefer to just be driving my '87 around. I'll just wait for the Ardeer Dragstrip to be built near me (ive only been waiting six years!)

http://www.kingracing.com/gossip.php?start=2009

curious bystander

Committee Member

Fri 22 Sep 17 20:32

Only seven weeks to go!

Just a quick reminder of our Club's traditional outing to the NEC

Great line up of 'Vettes again this year - plus loads of everything else "classic car"

Hope to see plenty of you nice Club Members over the weekend of 10/11/12 November

Get those dates in your diaries

Hall 5 - Stand 875 near the Live Stage

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Events Co-ordinator

Chuffer

Club Member

Sun 24 Sep 17 16:23

I will be at NEC again this year with the Sporting Bears doing Dream Rides for kids charities with the C3 on all three days so will come over and say hello again. If Joe Public want to see a `Vette ( and have a ride in it !) that is not an Uber expensive supercar or just a `Trailer Queen ` then steer them in my direction please Yes

--------------------
Life is an open road , so make the most of the journey .

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Permissions