1980 C3 Air Con

Dellb

CCCUK Member
Hi All
Anybody out there converted their AC to R134a?

Apart from the evaporator, the entire system inc pipes etc was removed by a previous owner. I am therefore renewing the complete system. However disappointingly I am not getting much luck with info from the suppliers. My issues are.

1. What is the pressure in the aluminium liquid line? The new one will not go anywhere near the condenser connection, so I will have to extend it with copper pipe work.

2.What pressure does the low pressure cut off switch activate? The one supplied, was the wrong thread, which was easily overcome with an adaptor, but I would like to test its operation.

3.How much oil should I use? The supplier has supplied 8 oz. Is this four in the new compressor and four in the accumulator?

4. I have three fittings in the R134 conversion kit. I have managed to find info on one on the muffler assembly at the compressor, but unable to locate where the other aluminium and brass fitting go.

5. I cannot see any desiccant in the new drier/ accumulator. Does this need to be added?

Most grateful for any advice.

Delb

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi All
Anybody out there converted their AC to R134a?

Apart from the evaporator, the entire system inc pipes etc was removed by a previous owner. I am therefore renewing the complete system. However disappointingly I am not getting much luck with info from the suppliers. My issues are.

1. What is the pressure in the aluminium liquid line? The new one will not go anywhere near the condenser connection, so I will have to extend it with copper pipe work.

2.What pressure does the low pressure cut off switch activate? The one supplied, was the wrong thread, which was easily overcome with an adaptor, but I would like to test its operation.

3.How much oil should I use? The supplier has supplied 8 oz. Is this four in the new compressor and four in the accumulator?

4. I have three fittings in the R134 conversion kit. I have managed to find info on one on the muffler assembly at the compressor, but unable to locate where the other aluminium and brass fitting go.

5. I cannot see any desiccant in the new drier/ accumulator. Does this need to be added?

Most grateful for any advice.

Delb

These are the boys you want, they supply the AC industry, manufacture a lot of their own parts and can even supply and fit bespoke AC systems for a vintage Rolls Royce