1989 C4 oil change

Braeburn 22

CCCUK Member
Hi

Need to give my c4 an oil change, I was thinking amsoil z rod 10w30 or Royal purple HPS 5w30 the car has 148000 miles on the clock, but doesn't burn oil at all, runs really well, what would you all recommend.

Mark

Robert Craske

Well-known user
All oil is made to a certain specification usually printed on the label on the container so with a lot of companies like Mobil you are paying for the name and advertising. I would use a 5w30 fully synthetic oil. BMW long life LL04 spec which you can buy from GSF for around £52 for 20 liters.Brand Vetech. You can also find this on ebay for around £42 from Mannol. I use this spec of oil in all my vehicles and including 3 Corvettes and never have had any mechanical issues.

Redlevel

Well-known user
Hi

Need to give my c4 an oil change, I was thinking amsoil z rod 10w30 or Royal purple HPS 5w30 the car has 148000 miles on the clock, but doesn't burn oil at all, runs really well, what would you all recommend.

Mark
As I dont live in Alaska, my 150k mile '87 runs well on Mobil 1 10w/60 high mileage/older car/track oil.. Discounted for CCCUK at Opie Oils.
My old oil changed every 15k or 2 years goes into my mates MGB as its still perfect! 👍FB_IMG_1548314484424.jpg