My Questions

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Is it acceptable to have a scruffy storage compartment including the gloveboxes? It's not too bad but I need to detail it. The small key I have doesn't even fit in the lockable glovebox keyhole. 😐 Might have crud stuck in it.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Is it acceptable to have a scruffy storage compartment including the gloveboxes? It's not too bad but I need to detail it. The small key I have doesn't even fit in the lockable glovebox keyhole. 😐 Might have crud stuck in it.
I'm not concerned about how the glovebox looks..... mostly because I don't have one in my Vette :ROFLMAO:

James Vette

CCCUK Member
For some reason my wiper door got stuck open with the wipers both upright. Was my fault for messing with the wiper switch while the car was not actually running.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
For me, an original radio is a must in any classic vehicle. I just think it completes the look. An upgrade is OK to me, ie an AM to the more expensive when new AM/FM or even one with an 8 track ( remember those?) I always loved 8 tracks in cars when I was a kid. I was always surprised 8 tracks were not introduced into Corvettes until the very late 70’s, considering mustangs got them in 66.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I have the 8 track radio but no 8 tracks.
Well, get onto eBay, there’s always a good selection on there. Of course it’s all old stuff, as by the early 80’s the cassettes were becoming more popular in the US, which was the 8 tracks main market.
Buy one to see if it works.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
For me, an original radio is a must in any classic vehicle. I just think it completes the look. An upgrade is OK to me, ie an AM to the more expensive when new AM/FM or even one with an 8 track ( remember those?) I always loved 8 tracks in cars when I was a kid. I was always surprised 8 tracks were not introduced into Corvettes until the very late 70’s, considering mustangs got them in 66.
Yeah , 8 tracks were great and just played over and over for ever so you could just load up your fave tunes and cruise and cruise . The only problem was storage because they were the size of an encyclopaedia ! :LOL:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yeah , 8 tracks were great and just played over and over for ever so you could just load up your fave tunes and cruise and cruise . The only problem was storage because they were the size of an encyclopaedia ! :LOL:

Another lost electronics of music, the cassette, remember them
A lot smaller than the 8 track that always seemed to pull the tape out

I bought these like in early 1970s, so they are older than James and time when things were made for quality
as I still play these, and they sound as they are new

cassettes.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Cassettes were more popular in the UK than 8 tracks mainly because they were portable. We took our cassette players to school to listen to at lunchtime. I’ve still got all mine somewhere.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always thought about putting a 8 track in the 65, bought a NOS Lear jet model ( Bill Lear invented the 8 track) at Daytona swap meet 20 odd years ago, but never fitted it. Maybe one day.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Cassettes were more popular in the UK than 8 tracks mainly because they were portable. We took our cassette players to school to listen to at lunchtime. I’ve still got all mine somewhere.

Cassettes also had other uses
In 1981, I had one of the first Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1 home computers
This was before hard drives and even 5-inch floppy disks

We used a cassette player and used that as where to store programs and data !
Man does this shows how old we are :)