My Questions

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My kind of car. Always loved full size coupes Coupe de villes, eldorado’s and continental MK’s
The owner let me sit in the drivers seat and said the next time he was visiting and had more time , he would take for a spin . Looking forward to it as it fealt like a motorised sofa it was so comfortable . The interior was as immaculate as the exterior and complete with original AM / FM radio . ` I am the music DJ on W.O.L.D . ` de dah de dah . :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
On a drive from Boston MA to Clearwater FL a full size GM vehicle was fantastic.
That I can believe . :cool: A different kettle of fish over here on our roads ! I don`t know how he got it through the narrow chicane in our High Street between a 17th century cottage and a stone wall . :LOL:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They are such an eyeful nowadays, in fact they always were. Fantastic cars. Yes, they always were too big for our country but they sure looked good. Dad had one of the last 200 triple white convertibles ( Eldorado) . That was a lovely car. Wish I had it now.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That I can believe . :cool: A different kettle of fish over here on our roads ! I don`t know how he got it through the narrow chicane in our High Street between a 17th century cottage and a stone wall . :LOL:
There is a well know width barrier in the road in Jackson’s lane Hampstead. He got his new 1976 Eldorado wedged in it once. What a job getting it out. Luckily no damage was done.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
There is a well know width barrier in the road in Jackson’s lane Hampstead. He got his new 1976 Eldorado wedged in it once. What a job getting it out. Luckily no damage was done.
The owner told me it cost him £1,200 to make his garage door wider after he bought it 2 years ago . :LOL:

Roscobbc

The width barrier is still there.
I know that one - next to the pub?..............some 20 or 30 years ago one of the major London custom, hot rod and American car shows (remember those) changed its venue for just one event to Syon Park. There were about 10 or 15 of us who travelled en-route from East London through the Highway, Tower Hill, Upper Thames Street through to the Embankment and eventually ('eventually' being the operative word!) over to Brentford. All of us were in 'full size' yanks. Some were in larger cars, coupe de-villes, limo's etc. For some reason we were all directed in to Syon Park via a rear access road across the park..........unfortunately there were width restriction barriers on the entrance to the park........most of us got through OK with no issues, however one of the Caddi's got jammed and created a huge hold-up..........terrible place to get to then and no doubt even worse now :eek:

Nick B

CCCUK Member
I rember the London Custon Car Shows , it was annual pilgrimage from Northampton for me and mates in the `70`s
I used to work at the R.E.M.E. workshops in Mill Hill and they used to send us off to the shows to gain 'technical knowledge', not only did they pay for the tickets and travel but we also went in work time as well! (y)(y)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I know that one - next to the pub?..............some 20 or 30 years ago one of the major London custom, hot rod and American car shows (remember those) changed its venue for just one event to Syon Park. There were about 10 or 15 of us who travelled en-route from East London through the Highway, Tower Hill, Upper Thames Street through to the Embankment and eventually ('eventually' being the operative word!) over to Brentford. All of us were in 'full size' yanks. Some were in larger cars, coupe de-villes, limo's etc. For some reason we were all directed in to Syon Park via a rear access road across the park..........unfortunately there were width restriction barriers on the entrance to the park........most of us got through OK with no issues, however one of the Caddi's got jammed and created a huge hold-up..........terrible place to get to then and no doubt even worse now :eek:
Yes, I think there is a pub near it.
Just spoke to my dad about that day/summers evening, he actually remembered it. Considering it was Some 45 years ago that ain’t bad. He said my mom told him not to try to go through, but he thought it would make it. No damage to the car at all. Don’t think he ever went that way again after that.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I used to work at the R.E.M.E. workshops in Mill Hill and they used to send us off to the shows to gain 'technical knowledge', not only did they pay for the tickets and travel but we also went in work time as well! (y)(y)
Were you expected to customise Centurion tanks then ?? :ROFLMAO: My military service consisted of one weeks stay at the REME HQ in Bordon in 1966 on a school careers bash and a visit the Army Air Corps at Middle Wallop . Needless to say I was for more interested in the Longmoor Military Railway and the locos there . In adult life I ended up driving no. 600 `Gordon ` when it went into preservation . Funny how the world turns !600.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Capt - one could actually transplant a 'modern' diesel in your Vette or even replace with something studid like a Toyota engine and unless the hood was raised the majority of people wouldn't have a clue. Irrespective of whether its a 327, 350, 427, 454 or LS lump the car has got something that is immeasurable.............coolness!
Exactly indeed. Hence I pay no attention to people that just think "50 year old V8 is slow / low MPG".

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Exactly indeed. Hence I pay no attention to people that just think "50 year old V8 is slow / low MPG".
Well said. A 50-60 year old V8 is old, and slow compared to modern engine sizes, and MPG is terrible, but who cares. They are what they are, old cool yanks from a time where anybody could tell they were American. Nowadays take the badges off most American cars and you’ve got no idea what they are save for a few distinctive models.