2006 Z06 Steering Wheel removal

Tattooboy

CCCUK Member
Hi All,

Already posted on FB so apologies if repetitive, but to ensure capture of all knowledge, thought I’d post on here as well.

Have purchased a D shape, Half perforated leather, half alcantara wheel, any hints and tips for removing the old one, including all related plastic trim pieces? Silver front side spoke bits and rear plastic? Assume it will be screws and clips.

Will disconnect battery completely and leave for a good 10 mins before starting, from what I can gather, there is no need to remove the fuse.

Any additional info from anyone else who has replaced the standard wheel will be appreciated.

Thanks

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Was gonna suggest look at the videos on YouTube, but see on your FB post that you have done that already.

Tattooboy

CCCUK Member
I have indeed, plenty on there about the air bag and wheel removal, but not much on the actual surrounding trim. I’ll just wing it when it arrives. Looks like 1 screw for each front trim, and there appears to be 2 from the back, then I assume the back is just held on by tabs etc. Will just take my time.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Club member "Carl" fitted one I had bought, but not fitted to my C6, when I sold it to him in 2019. But he has sold the car and is no longer active on here. They do look great!

Attachments

• SoCal C6 wheel on their website.jpg
    SoCal C6 wheel on their website.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 3