24 cylinders, 64 valves, 820HP.....

antijam

CCCUK Member
OK, not all in one engine. This is my newly acquired '71 sharing the drive with my other V8 convertibles....

P1000313.JPG

My first 'Vette, and although mobile it does have a few issues to be sorted, so I'm hoping to tap into some wisdom on this forum. It needs a new soft-top, the RH window seems to have come off the runners, the handbrake doesn't work and it has an intermittent starting problem. (browsing the internet it seems that the last two are common C3 problems?)

Since I'm going to need some parts, my first question is whether it's usually cheaper to import directly from the States or buy from a UK supplier, Corvette Kingdom for example? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nick

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Handbrake? What handbrake? :LOL: Yeah, my 1968 isn't particularly fond of its handbrake either.

Welcome to the club though - fab looking collection of cars you have there :cool::D:love:

N

Norm

Nice stable! Always admired the Brands Hatch Green Vettes, classy but subtle look. :cool:
Good luck with fix.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Wow, a nice set of cars there - someone is having way too much fun!:D

Ah yes, the joys of the C3 handbrake - why has no aftermarket company come up with a better design - lets face it, even a Mini (Real Mini that is!) set-up would be better, with no "pulley" system!

It's a bit "swings and roundabouts" wit parts. If you import they can be cheaper, but you get hit with shipping and duTy. If you're lucky and Rock Auto have what you need when you need it, they are great. Personally, I'd go with Scott at Cprvette Kingdom as first choice, if for no other reason than you benefit from his massive experience and helpful advice!(y)

antijam

CCCUK Member
It's a bit "swings and roundabouts" wit parts. If you import they can be cheaper, but you get hit with shipping and duTy. If you're lucky and Rock Auto have what you need when you need it, they are great. Personally, I'd go with Scott at Cprvette Kingdom as first choice, if for no other reason than you benefit from his massive experience and helpful advice!(y)

Thanks for the recommendation I've already had a few parts from Corvette Kingdom (window winder, aluminium rocker trims and a RH outside mirror). I must say they were very efficient.