66 vette front suspension ride height

Milner62

Busy user
Hi All. I've noticed variations of front suspension ride height. Some lower than others. Is it because of the weight difference between 327 and 427 weight? Or, is the suspension adjustable? Thanks.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi All. I've noticed variations of front suspension ride height. Some lower than others. Is it because of the weight difference between 327 and 427 weight? Or, is the suspension adjustable? Thanks.
Hi and Welcome and yes I like the Toys too and congrats with what looks a nice Vette
The Front Springs are different pound rates for small block and big block cars on a C3 so I would expect the same for the C2
Assuming you have a standard set up - The front suspension is not adjustable for ride height as such, but by adjusting the rear spring ride height you will automatically change the front - raise the nsr and that lowers the osf etc

Suspension is adjustable for camber all round and caster at the front, if you want fully adjustable you need coilovers with adjustable shocks at the front and adjustable shocks at the rear and then you will be fully adjustable

If the Vette is matching numbers and all as original and you want to make some changes to the components, some would say keep all the original parts safe for the next custodian.

Last edited:

Milner62

Busy user
Thanks for that. My car is fully and recently restored to NCRS. It looks lower at the front compared to some others. Or maybe it's right? What do you think? Maybe I'm just paranoid... :) 4360

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Yes it looks lower at the front, you could tighten up the end bolts on the rear spring a tad, that would lower the back and lift the front, but it may still not be correct, because at the moment from the pic the back looks good, NCRS and looking from the pic I would want to back track on what part numbers were used for the front springs and then there could be an error in the info - May be the wrong springs used - Where do you go to find the correct source info for spring rate spec 66 427 www.gmheritagecenter.com (drop them an email) also Scott at Corvette Kingdom should be able to help you with the exact correct springs
Worth dropping the back a tad by tightening up the end bolts - quick and costs nothing before looking further.
As you may know correct and best stance is always a tad lower at the front, but just a touch
Looks good and as it is NCRS good to keep it original.

Last edited:

Milner62

Busy user
Thanks for your comments! Much appreciated. Will look into this. The car is stunning and fully matching numbers so it's important I preserve it carefully. Will keep you posted on progress. Thanks again!! Regards
Dan

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I'm not a C2 expert, but I had these images on my PC....

They may be of interest/help.....

The factory Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) will have the full and correct info. Might be worth getting hold of a copy? All the usual Corvette suplliers will be able to supply one.