68/72 bonnet query

72stingraypaul

Well-known user
hi all
i own a 72 small block coupe and my car has the flat bonnet with no cutouts etc.
i would like possibly to fit a bonnet which has the small cutout Carb area) with the chrome trim not sure if its meant for a bb or sb ?.
sorry would post a pic but not sure how to upload .
can anyone point me in the right direction or advize me please.

Thanks in advance
paul

Roscobbc

hi all
i own a 72 small block coupe and my car has the flat bonnet with no cutouts etc.
i would like possibly to fit a bonnet which has the small cutout Carb area) with the chrome trim not sure if its meant for a bb or sb ?.
sorry would post a pic but not sure how to upload .
can anyone point me in the right direction or advize me please.

Thanks in advance
paul
Being an early C3 the small block car would have originally had a 'flat' 'short' hood with the wiper flap. The 'short' big block hood is a direct replacement. Finding an affordable one will be the biggest challenge.

72stingraypaul

Well-known user
Being an early C3 the small block car would have originally had a 'flat' 'short' hood with the wiper flap. The 'short' big block hood is a direct replacement. Finding an affordable one will be the biggest challenge.
hi
yes my 72 does have the separate wiper flap.
if you hear of any bonnets or scrapped cars that may have one please let me know.
happy new year and happy corvetting
cheers
paul

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Or you could do somthing like this vette is also a 72 but we modified the long big block high rise bonet to fit

Attachments

• 20180405_124630.jpg
    20180405_124630.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 13