70 to 72 LT1 /big block hood wanted .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Well, I must confess I didn't know exactly what an LT1 hood was for the Corvette. I know they have different hoods for different specs and so forth, but didn't know the LT1.

After Googling, it turns out the LT1 hood looks exactly like the one I have on my Corvette, which is also blue like yours. Sorry, you can't have my bonnet :)

Vegasvette

Regular user
Please see attached Photos. It is a factory hood and has no fittings with it but all plates and threads are good inside hood. Damage is on the front divers side about a quarter away along paint and glass cracked about 4" long, under side has light crack in reinforcement bar. pick up is Medway Kent. Β£130

Attachments

• C3 Bonnett_1.jpg
    C3 Bonnett_1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • C3 Bonnett_2.jpg
    C3 Bonnett_2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
  • C3 Bonnett_4.jpg
    C3 Bonnett_4.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 9
  • C3 undersideBonnett_1.jpg
    C3 undersideBonnett_1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • C3 undersideBonnett_2.jpg
    C3 undersideBonnett_2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 7

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Please see attached Photos. It is a factory hood and has no fittings with it but all plates and threads are good inside hood. Damage is on the front divers side about a quarter away along paint and glass cracked about 4" long, under side has light crack in reinforcement bar. pick up is Medway Kent. Β£130
Thanks vegas vette, I am not sure that is correct for a 72 due to the wiper door, the LT 1 hood powerbulge , I think doesnt continue to the back of the hood. , do you know if yours is post 73 ? They were longer to cover the wipers in the absense of the vaccuum door. Interested in others thoughts tooπŸ‘

Vegasvette

Regular user
This I believe is a L-88 hood very little differences between the two it will fit any C3 between 68-72(inc) it has been dry stored for about 13years it was on my 71 C3 only changed because I needed a larger hood bulge because of mods to engine. I did still used the vacuum door and still do, your correct the 73 is different

Corvette

Well-known user
Vegas is correct, it is an L-88 style hood. The LT1 is different as the centre power bulge is way smaller in height and length. That said if slalom passes on it I will buy it as you’re only down the A2!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
This I believe is a L-88 hood very little differences between the two it will fit any C3 between 68-72(inc) it has been dry stored for about 13years it was on my 71 C3 only changed because I needed a larger hood bulge because of mods to engine. I did still used the vacuum door and still do, your correct the 73 is different
Ah , L88 that is why it seems higher further back, an LT one hood seems to keep the low height at the back so it is the same level as the wiper door. A small detail but the LT 1 hood is the one I am after. A great hood at a great price tho, I would have had it like a shot. thanks for your time in posting pics. . πŸ‘125EE0C1-74CD-4D49-BFDA-898F1CC31062.jpeg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Ps , at least by getting it out to photograph, it has showed it to a local buyer (corvette) so at leadt I have’nt wasted your time Vegasvette πŸ‘thanks again for your help and time πŸ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
The LT-1 hood is short and used with the wiper door. A big block hood is the same but is pre-drilled for the 427 or 454 badges either side of the 'bulge' The LT-1 has decals so no drilling required. Member Paul Brown sold two recently but he may still have the hood chrome inserts that I think were new old stock and GM not repros

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The LT-1 hood is short and used with the wiper door. A big block hood is the same but is pre-drilled for the 427 or 454 badges either side of the 'bulge' The LT-1 has decals so no drilling required. Member Paul Brown sold two recently but he may still have the hood chrome inserts that I think were new old stock and GM not repros

View attachment 8615
Thanks for that mr cricketπŸ‘ Either would do, I can fill the holes on a big block one. If you or anyone else hears of one I would be interested. I wonder if paul brown knows of the whereabouts of the sold ones in case they are surplus to requirements in someone’s garage πŸ€”πŸ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Thanks for that mr cricketπŸ‘ Either would do, I can fill the holes on a big block one. If you or anyone else hears of one I would be interested. I wonder if paul brown knows of the whereabouts of the sold ones in case they are surplus to requirements in someone’s garage πŸ€”πŸ‘

Hopefully he'll chime in now I've messaged him. I just checked and he never marked his for sale in the parts section as sold. He sold 2 BB hoods in Sep when he changed his plan so these were surplus

72stingraypaul

Well-known user
hi
i sold both of my hoods back in sept
sorry cant remember chaps name all i know he was buying them to put one of them on his race car.
i still have a pair of brand new chrome inserts that fit the lt1 style bonnet if you do go down that route.
They are in the for sale section under 72 stingray paul
cheers