'71 for sale

antijam

CCCUK Member
Capture.JPG

On eBay - looks quite tidy inside, but no shots of the mechanicals. In Croatia, so now we're no longer in the E.U. I guess some import duty would need to be paid?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Only 5% reduced rate VAT due on invoiced/ bill of sale car price plus shipping.
Would be a nice road trip to collect it yourself and drive it back.

Letank

CCCUK Member
Only 5% reduced rate VAT due on invoiced/ bill of sale car price plus shipping.
Would be a nice road trip to collect it yourself and drive it back.
Same as a US import then. Is the import tax the same wherever the car comes in from post Brexit?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, import tax/duty/VAT is the same, wherever the item comes from. Now we’re are no longer in the EU, the rate applies to EU countries same as everyone else.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It certainly is a beautiful colour. Looks real sharp.
IMO it needs white lettered tires. I’m not a fan of blackwall tires on C2 or C3 Corvettes.

Letank

CCCUK Member
It certainly is a beautiful colour. Looks real sharp.
IMO it needs white lettered tires. I’m not a fan of blackwall tires on C2 or C3 Corvettes.
Totally agree. White lettered tyres look great on C3’s with Rallye wheels and derby caps/trim rings. I think redline tyres suit the PO2 deluxe covers better though.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Totally agree. White lettered tyres look great on C3’s with Rallye wheels and derby caps/trim rings. I think redline tyres suit the PO2 deluxe covers better though.
Me too, but with....

Capture.JPG

..or without.....

1-IMG_7383.JPG

....side pipes? :unsure:;)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Wow, i was going to post the same idea, with or without.
I must admit I’ve always loved side exhaust. Remember the old Thrush “outsiders” that were similar to the factory 1969 corvette pipes, and the other Thrush pipe that resembled the mid year factory side exhaust. Can’t remember the name for that one.

I like the original style (69) on the C3’s regardless of year, I’ve had them fitted to various personal cars over the years.

Side pipes, yes, love them

620BCBC9-3371-49DA-9FB3-7F0DE1E40F22.jpeg2C05930B-DC73-4C6A-B739-CF989D09023F.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Cool, what make are the side pipes ?
They look good with the chrome heat shield.
I remember the Thrush outsiders were aluminium finish, while the sidekicks were chrome finish.

I bought a pair of outsiders about 10 years ago from the Enfield pageant paid £25.00. Still got them somewhere. Haven’t seen them for years, but don’t think I’ve sold them. Just looked on the web, people are asking crazy money for them.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
On C2 coupes fitted with side pipes it can be a bit droney after a while, not the same noise in a convertible.
My dad likes the look of them on the car, but doesn’t like the noise of them inside the car.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
+1 on the sidepipes look. But I kinda like the look of slightly larger wheels without the white text. If I had the standard 15 inch wheels still, then yes, I'd deffo say white text.

20190626_121133.jpg