81’ electric window

Oli

CCCUK Member
Hey - so my passenger window is faulty again. Previous fix was to take the switch apart, and found blackened contacts, and part melted plastic internals. I tried cleaning up everything, and put it back - it worked for a bit and now faulty again. Passenger window has always been slower (driver side scarily fast), so excuse the basic question - is this mechanical or electrical? Is it possible that misalignment / old grease or whatever is causing the motor and circuit to overheat? Or am i looking at an electric issue? Thanks in advance

johng

CCCUK Member
I would run some fairly thick cable from the battery direct to the motor. Connect the -ve terminal of the battery to the casing of the motor and the +ve terminal of the battery to one of the 2 connections on the motor (one makes the window go up, the other makes it go down). If the window is as fast as the driver's side then you have an electrical problem, if it's still slow then it's likely to be mechanical.

Oli

CCCUK Member
Hi - clear and simple response, I really appreciate this! I’ll try that when possible. Thanks again