A car rag claims this

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
So you buy this BS, and would you buy one ?
Car rag claims GM will be selling a 4-door sedan all electric Corvette ?

Really ?

4doorvette.jpg

Last edited:

James Vette

CCCUK Member
If I liked modern cars then yes because it's obviously more useful and keeps the design of the sports car instead of becoming an SUV like other companies are doing now.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
^^ this. I'm not that fond of modern cars either really. And loathe the whole SUV trend.
Me to, never got into the SUV craze. I remember when I saw/got into a Range Rover about 1970/71 it was a J Reg. I was 11/12. Thought it was a box on wheels, didn’t even have carpet in it, just big rubber mats. Bloody horrible. Yes, they have become very luxurious nowadays, but give me a nice big saloon or coupe any day.

Roscobbc

A modern SUV type vehicle IMHO isn't much taller than an ordinary European saloon car from the 1950's/60's/70s. The exceptionto this perhaps is a Focus or 1 Series which seem to buck the modern trend for 'taller' vehicles. Most newer cars seem to be so much taller and of an equivalent height to a SUV of only a few years ago. They are easier for manufacturers to package. Also easier for passenger access. Perhaps not such a comfortable ride due to beefed up suspension needed to prevent body roll......

Roscobbc

When they realise that they can sell them, they will make them . It’s all about profit. You can only say No for so long.
C S Rolls must be 'rotating' in his grave at the thought of a SUV type vehicle being added to the range....AND with a stupid name..........Cullinangus or something similar.......

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Me to, never got into the SUV craze. I remember when I saw/got into a Range Rover about 1970/71 it was a J Reg. I was 11/12. Thought it was a box on wheels, didn’t even have carpet in it, just big rubber mats. Bloody horrible. Yes, they have become very luxurious nowadays, but give me a nice big saloon or coupe any day.
At least the original Range Rover did what it was designed to do , go off road and get ones Gillie to hose out the muddy interior afterwards . Try doing that today on new Rangie Luxo Barge !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
At least the original Range Rover did what it was designed to do , go off road and get ones Gillie to hose out the muddy interior afterwards . Try doing that today on new Rangie Luxo Barge !
That’s true, they were not a fashion statement, just a step up from the old primitive Land Rover. A work vehicle mainly but could be used elsewhere if needed. However to me it always has been a box on wheels. Unfortunately it morphed into something different.
( great for Range Rover) .if we all liked the same things, the world would be a strange place. Each to their own.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
A modern SUV type vehicle IMHO isn't much taller than an ordinary European saloon car from the 1950's/60's/70s. The exceptionto this perhaps is a Focus or 1 Series which seem to buck the modern trend for 'taller' vehicles. Most newer cars seem to be so much taller and of an equivalent height to a SUV of only a few years ago. They are easier for manufacturers to package. Also easier for passenger access. Perhaps not such a comfortable ride due to beefed up suspension needed to prevent body roll......
Balderdash!
1970s family “saloon” next to small SUV.
Balderdash!
DA2C7967-BCE6-4085-85D2-AE3730CC6CCB.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think most European SUV’s are quite a bit larger than the cars of the 60’s 70’s 80’s etc. they certainly feel bigger inside anyhow.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Was the Maxi an SUV in disguise ? 5 doors , and seats that fold flat into a double bed .

Nope. That’s what we used to call a car. I bet you there’s more room in a Maxi than the Qhasqai thing it’s next too though. Had one as a hire car once it was hideous.

Roscobbc

Balderdash!
View attachment 17637
I did say 'taller'. Ok so you've chosen what was when introduced an innovative low set fwd BLMC product range that confounds my earlier logic. But just look at Cortinas, Victors, other rwd family sized cars of the 60's and 70's, certainly any 50's car - other than Leyland fwd examples they all have relatively tall profiles. Even my '03 Mazda 2 (based on Mini MPV Ford Fusion) is lower than most current hatchbacks (Yaris's and their likes)