AlexTheGrumpyOne 1975 Corvette Stingray Restoration Project Series Introduction

AlexTheGrumpyOne

Regular user
Hello Guys! #AlexTheGrumpyOne here :)
I was recommended to join this Forum by quite a few people now. I have been told that I will be able to find many great people on here and hopefully some advice as well!
Its the first time that I am working on an American Classic Car, so I am using my knowledge that I have got so far.
It is a 1975 Corvette Stingray that my family member bought. I am the one that will be doing the restoration on it. That is why I have decided to start a Series to record my progress.

My name is Alex, 30 years old and I´m Diagnostic Tech and MOT tester from Kent.
I have had a bit of a hard journey in my life to get where I am now, which even included learning 5 different languages. I always wanted to be in Automotive world and even after getting a degree in ICT and Accountant management, while living in Portugal I ended up working for 6 months and giving up on it. I know it might sound stupid or even weird, but I always wanted to end up in something car related.
So after looking up the best place to learn mechanics and etc and taking in to consideration my heart condition related to hot weather I´ve sold my cars and saved 15k and moved to England to have enough money to pay rent and go back to college to get an apprenticeship... After working for 5 months for free I managed to get one and worked hard in a small garage in a village (Harrietsham), where I lived for 5 years. In that time I have learned a lot and also managed to start a Youtube channel as a hobby, where I will be able to help people with car related issues using my knowledge.
I have been working at a main dealer for the last 2 years, which is something completely different from my last job as its just a lot easier. The knowledge I am provided by the training center is great, but unfortunately you don´t get a chance to use it on daily basis.
In the last 6 years I had over 30 cars and managed to build up over 200 videos on my channel to help people. So far its been great, also the support is awesome! In the last year my channel has grown a lot. I now have 3,784 subscribers and over 1.5 million views. Now I have set a goal to reach 10.000 Subscribers to turn it in to a Full time job! This will be my dream come true. Something that would definitely make my granddad proud (he unfortunately passed away last year). He lived his life being proud of helping others and being the most honest man that I ever met in my life!
I´m now renting a little barn/garage/studio where I´m going to make a lot more videos to help as many people as I can, as I do really enjoy doing it! So hopefully one day it will provide me with enough income so that I would be able to spend all my time there.
So I would love to meet new people on here and get your advice and share my journey with you.
I have had a phone call with Tom Falconer from Claremont Corvette, who has been amazing and offered his help as well. I think that is great news as from what I know he is a great person and also a big name in the Corvette world! When things get better ( Covid Situation), he also offered to pop in to my barn and have a meet, which I think will be amazing opportunity for me!

I would like to share my 1975 C3 Corvette Stingray Series with you. Please let me know what you think. Like I said earlier... I would love to have your opinion and advice! Here is a link to my playlist:
1975 C3 Corvette Stingray Restoration Series Playlist

I have also got a group and page for any of you that are interested in the automotive world. Things like: Mechanical issues or advice; MOT advice, Tools Reviews or advice, Garage equipment reviews and advice, How to buy a good car or help on how to sell one and Also many other subjects in the auto trade...

AlexTheGrumpyOne

Regular user
Sorry to hear about your Granddad. I'd like to know the ins and outs of C3's so thank you for these videos. Hopefully I will see your C3 at a car show this year.
Thank you for your message.
Yeah So far I got 4 episodes on it and hopefully soon will be making more. It is on hold for a bit now due to saving money for a next order of parts. The vehicle belongs to my family member and I am the one doing the restoration on it.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

Of course, you next move will be to join CCCUK! No restoration would be complete without a CCCUK Sticker in the window(y)

We've "spoken" via your YouTube channel but it's good to know a bit more about you - I'm envious of your language skills! I think a lot of us will be interested to see how you get on with the '75! You're in my "old manor" as they say, as I was the Kent Area Rep for CCCUK for over 12 years before moving here to France in 2004.

You'll like Tom - an interesting character! And you'll probably get a lot of help from Scott at Corvette Kingdom.

Have fun!

AlexTheGrumpyOne

Regular user
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

Of course, you next move will be to join CCCUK! No restoration would be complete without a CCCUK Sticker in the window(y)

We've "spoken" via your YouTube channel but it's good to know a bit more about you - I'm envious of your language skills! I think a lot of us will be interested to see how you get on with the '75! You're in my "old manor" as they say, as I was the Kent Area Rep for CCCUK for over 12 years before moving here to France in 2004.

You'll like Tom - an interesting character! And you'll probably get a lot of help from Scott at Corvette Kingdom.

Have fun!
Hello.
Thank you for having me here. Forum is something new for me, so I will try and get in to it as soon as I can.
I have met some very interesting people so far in Corvette community.
I am currently in process of making a list of parts that we will need next.
So as soon as next order arrives I will be making more videos :)

Rich

Administrator
.........I am currently in process of making a list of parts that we will need next.

We have a number of suppliers in the UK and US who are affiliated to the Club. Ecklers offer a CCCUK discount to Club Members but post brexit there seems to be some confusion about getting parts over. Eurovettes (Club Member) are good at bringing parts in from the US. Post what you need and our some of our suppliers and/or the Members may chip in.
I won't mention Membership (oops - I just did) as I know you're itching to join.;)

AlexTheGrumpyOne

Regular user
We have a number of suppliers in the UK and US who are affiliated to the Club. Ecklers offer a CCCUK discount to Club Members but post brexit there seems to be some confusion about getting parts over. Eurovettes (Club Member) are good at bringing parts in from the US. Post what you need and our some of our suppliers and/or the Members may chip in.
I won't mention Membership (oops - I just did) as I know you're itching to join.;)
Thank you. That´s good to know.
Once my list is ready I will post it on here.
I will let my family member know about the membership part, as it is his vehicle.