Another ebay find

James Vette

CCCUK Member
link

I know it's not chrome but it still looks great. The low price might be a red flag and the 77 has some known issues for that year and has that annoying wiper switch on the indicator switch.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
link

I know it's not chrome but it still looks great. The low price might be a red flag and the 77 has some known issues for that year and has that annoying wiper switch on the indicator switch.
How do you know the wiper switch is annoying if you have never driven or owned a Corvette ? Would also be interested to know what the "known" issues are on a 1977 C3 over and above any other C3 .

HJG

Well-known user
It looks good compared to this one for the same price. If there was a Corvette version of a rescue dog begging for some attention and a new home it has to be this sorry looking thing:
Link
In fact just showed the Mrs and her reaction was 'awwww' literally as if it was a puppy.
Screenshot_20210614-215715_Chrome.jpg

phild

CCCUK Member
Not wishing to poke a sleeping bear but what is the issue with wiper/indicator switches?

I'm interested as mine is still undergoing extensive restoration and could have the offending bits fixed if required. Mine's a '69 so may not be the same as the one in question.

Thanks.

HJG

Well-known user
Not wishing to poke a sleeping bear but what is the issue with wiper/indicator switches?

I'm interested as mine is still undergoing extensive restoration and could have the offending bits fixed if required. Mine's a '69 so may not be the same as the one in question.

Thanks.
Wiper switch on '69 is at top of centre console (y)

phild

CCCUK Member
OK, so must be elsewhere on a '77 as I've never had issues with switches on my '69 , or the '65 C2 I had a while back. Only issue I've got is I want it back to use now we are able to. :):)

richie500

CCCUK Member
Sorry the baits too good and I have to bite......
All C3's suffer from the usual problems, mainly rot, little things like indicator stalks should not put you off.
I would always want to see pictures of the underside before i travel to see.
290 hp on the other vette , love to see the dyno sheet. My 454 puts out 700bhp because i say so end off :poop:
Lastly like Chuffer would like to know what the "known" issues are on a 1977 C3 over and above any other C3 as I own one and this is not my first rodeo (C3)
so i need to prepare myself :)

Roscobbc

This whole thread seems strange and rather protracted - why such concern over operation of a wiper switch? - and why such diverse posts?. I've had my '68 20 years and the wipers have only ever operated on the higher speed setting - does it concern me?, no - can I be bothered do something about it?, no.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
This looks good value to my uneducated eyes. :)

Providing the chassis and birdcage check out ok then yes, absolutely, very good value.
I guess if you really want an Auto and its a 'deal breaker' for you then the good value becomes irrelevant (its not like a gearbox swop is particularly viable).
Picking on minor issues just looks like finding excuses though, better to stick with the Auto/Manual issue.