• D7F60E34-3E4B-4ABD-BA5C-06F8AF95BB52.jpeg
    D7F60E34-3E4B-4ABD-BA5C-06F8AF95BB52.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3779E0EF-C12D-42E3-BAC1-F3A1CA4635D6.jpeg
    3779E0EF-C12D-42E3-BAC1-F3A1CA4635D6.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have my daily diesel and the wife's (Citroen) C1, but I doubt you're interested in photos of either :ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: I did originally type "... wife's C1 ...", but then realised the forum I was on and didn't want you all getting too excited :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vetman

CCCUK Member
My other toy is a motorcycle. I had bikes in my youth, as you do, and then got a car at the first opportunity. I went back to biking in 1997 and bought a Honda VFR 750 FV. This is a 748cc V4, and needless to say, is very fast, but comfortable.
I noticed many differences in the second biking career. These include: the bike is tall and very heavy to handle when getting on, off, putting on the stand, etc. If it goes a few degrees from vertical it becomes a real handful. If you lay it down then you appreciate help to lift it back to the vertical; the roads are different and whereas I pottered around on A and B roads before, now most journeys involve motorway or A3 type trips, where however fast you go a car sits on your rear, and when you pull over you end up behind a lorry at 70 and get battered by the vortices it sheds; the petrol is horrible now and if you use the bike infrequently then you have to strip and clean the carburettors before you can use it again, and as these are buried beneath fairings, tank, seat, etc, it takes about a day at least to fix it; there is a lot more technology to interface with including mobile phone, satnav, and music, and therefore ear pieces and microphone.
Great fun though and you can literally smell the flowers as you travel.

Attachments

• 7D571EAE-2F3B-4BB4-9BB5-B1A420C17C73.jpeg
    7D571EAE-2F3B-4BB4-9BB5-B1A420C17C73.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 5

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
My other toy is a motorcycle. I had bikes in my youth, as you do, and then got a car at the first opportunity. I went back to biking in 1997 and bought a Honda VFR 750 FV. This is a 748cc V4, and needless to say, is very fast, but comfortable.
I noticed many differences in the second biking career. These include: the bike is tall and very heavy to handle when getting on, off, putting on the stand, etc. If it goes a few degrees from vertical it becomes a real handful. If you lay it down then you appreciate help to lift it back to the vertical; the roads are different and whereas I pottered around on A and B roads before, now most journeys involve motorway or A3 type trips, where however fast you go a car sits on your rear, and when you pull over you end up behind a lorry at 70 and get battered by the vortices it sheds; the petrol is horrible now and if you use the bike infrequently then you have to strip and clean the carburettors before you can use it again, and as these are buried beneath fairings, tank, seat, etc, it takes about a day at least to fix it; there is a lot more technology to interface with including mobile phone, satnav, and music, and therefore ear pieces and microphone.
Great fun though and you can literally smell the flowers as you travel.
I think I’m having a crisis I bought a wr 450 but it’s just sat in the shed apart from going to be mot’d as you say ran like a pig as the fuel was rank

Attachments

• 9370A1D7-BAEB-45A5-BAB6-6C1B1658F90A.jpeg
    9370A1D7-BAEB-45A5-BAB6-6C1B1658F90A.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 6