Better Power & Fuel Economy?

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
IMG_20200228_172024.jpg
Ooh, look what arrived today!
Hopefully get them fitted this weekend and fingers crossed, they will indeed do exactly what the above title and Pertronix's advert statements say!

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Given the current situation and the fact that my Vette starts on the button and runs sweet at present, I've decided to delay the fitment of the aforementioned spark improvement items, until I'm allowed to go out and play on real roads again. Like so many others, gutted how the next few months(?) will go (especially after booking our mega road trip based around CCCUK Nationals) but I'm happy to be healthy and at work (post police retirement) assisting NHS Grampian staff & patients get access to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, for their work and treatment.
Hope all others are having positive times with their respective cars & lives etc.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Yep, that's me in the garage James, patiently waiting for you to take me out....even just in the back lane!! 😉IMG_20200404_181629.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Or put some unopened packages of toilet rolls in the back and hit the Highway? Essential journey? ;) Then again, police might ask you for the receipt, and why the "detour"?

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Finally got my Pertronix goodies fitted today (slightly longer delay, as there was a bit too much end float on dizzy, so shims were obtained from Corvette Kingdom - nice new sweets too 😋) Luckily my auto electrician was on hand to carry out final checks etc (he spotted I had connected the wires to the coil the wrong way round - put new coil in bracket opposite way from old one!) So that saved a potential "fry up!"
She now starts instantly on the first turn of key (after usual couple of accel. pedal pumps) and first impressions on inaugural cruise tonight were excellent. New front swaybar bushes fitted and front a-arm bushes will be fitted once mate with press and spring clamps, allows me over!
My Vette's soon gonna be like Trigger's "original" sweeping brush!😂