BMEP (Brake Mean Effective Pressure)

Roscobbc

I have just been reading Mark Eaton's very interesting insight in to BMEP and comparison across the Corvette C3 to C8 ranges in the latest copy of Vette News. (thanks Mark, a great read and brain 'exerciser'). A number of the more technical car magazines use figures like BHP per tonne and BMEP to give a more a accurate representation of engine power related to a vehicle of a specific weight.
What surprised me reading Mark's figures that the stock C7 has the same BMEP (186) as the more powerful (but presumably heavier C8) with the supercharged C7Z06 having a staggering 259 BMEP vs the C8Z06's 207 BMEP.
Unfortunately there wasn't figures shown from a C6Z06 to compare against the C5Z06's 174 BMEP (which in itself is very impressive indeed).
When the C7 became available with the 8 speed auto transmission I took a test drive of Ian Allens demo car.........even back then I thought the stock car was a game changer. As good as the C8 may be it seems (to me anyway) that the smart money may actually be in a used C7 rather than a C8.......
Looking at the '69 427/435 hp version of the C3 with is 138 BMEP it prompted me to calcuate the BMEP figure for my C3. It was 186, the same oddly as a stock C7 LT1.