c3 air-con regassing

jake94

New user
hi

I have come across some mixed views on regassing the old American systems with modern uk gas, if this is not possible could someone point me in the right direction with getting my system back up and running either with mod parts / or garages with the gas needed to charge my system again .

many thanks :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Jake , I will be interested to hear how you get on as mine needs gassing up too at the very least .

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Jake , I will be interested to hear how you get on as mine needs gassing up too at the very least .
Hi Chuffer, they are just 3 minutes off the A46 Warwick / Parkway turning (in the direction of Warwick) you were in the vicinity recently when you were down the Fosse Way by Leamington - Friendly bunch they like Classics, the Owner has a DB4

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks Daytona . Know Budbrooke , it`s not a zillion miles from me just over the border in Northamptonshire . I have just put the C3 back its box this morning for a spell now weather is set to change but next time I fancy a cruise out I will swing by their place for a chat .

jake94

New user
Hi guys thought Iā€™d update you all on what I have found out, the basics are we can run the new r134a refrigerant in are old systems it will run fine the only thing the garages need is an adapter because are old systems have screw end attachments and the new machines are a push fit attachment.
hope this clears up a few rumours šŸ‘

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Jake ,
Thanks for the update . It is interesting to hear that R134 is ok in old systems as I vaguely recall reading somewhere ages ago that old components like seals were not compatible with R134 .