C5 clear front number plate cover

clive f

Busy user
my C5 came with a clear font number plate cover which I`d like to replace as its looking tired and has a crack in it, what do you guys with C`5 do for your front number plates? If I could get away without a front plate I would as it would look so much nicer with a coloured cover to match the car, thoughts and pics please people.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Best solution IMO is a standard US shaped number plate 12" x 6" using UK motor-cycle size letters and a body coloured/contoured license plate frame from Ecklers.

Alternatively you can get an oversize rectangular plate made (the sort of thing that goes on the back of Jags and Rovers) and grind it down with a sanding wheel to make an exact fit in the C5's oval cut-out. UK doesn't require the plate to be rectangular.

Yellowshark

Well-known user
I have used one of those covers plates on my 2001 since new and the black cover has been in a drawer for the same amount of time! I get mine from Ecklers although no doubt Mid America and others sell them too; the postage cost could be the deciding factor.