C5 Seat swap

Nickeh

Regular user
Hi Guys,

My drivers seat has finally collappsed in my C5 and I have been googling for alternatives that fit. Most links to forums are obviously American and with that, American products or seats from other cars in America.

My question is twofold
1- has anyone fitted seats from other car brands that one would find in the UK e.g. MGF's, Integras, VXRs etc?
2- which UK aftermarket seat brands fit without fabrication?

thanks

Nick

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Nick, what do you mean it has collapsed ?
What part has ?

I have a 1999 C5, the sports seats with all the electronic adjustments
The left side bolster of the driver seat broke from getting in/out of the seat, but I took the seat apart and was able to fiberglass/repair the broken parts and I replaced the little airbag that changes the angle of bolster

Also keep in mind what seat model your C5 came with and also if it has the electronics as means replacement seat would also have those

Nickeh

Regular user
Nick, what do you mean it has collapsed ?
What part has ?

I have a 1999 C5, the sports seats with all the electronic adjustments
The left side bolster of the driver seat broke from getting in/out of the seat, but I took the seat apart and was able to fiberglass/repair the broken parts and I replaced the little airbag that changes the angle of bolster

Also keep in mind what seat model your C5 came with and also if it has the electronics as means replacement seat would also have those
The side bolster has broken, the air bladder controls no longer work which has caused one of the uppers to stick into my side and the handle to recline the seat has also snapped off. Given the stock seats are lacking in the bolstering department anyway, I was more interested in a replacement rather than a fix.

They are 2001 sport seats.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
The seats are a tight fit in these cars so I suspect you'll be better off getting the right parts to repair from Eckler's, Mid-America etc than trying to wedge something else in there. C5 was stunning value for an all new design although, regrettably, the seats were one area where GM had skimped a bit.