C6

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If you’ve fitted a bypass then surely the faulty motor can’t be causing the error message as it’s bypassed. Is it possible the bypass kit has failed?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
If the bypass has been fitted the motor won’t be connected so it can’t be the reason for the current fault. The bypass module bypasses the automatic lock and tricks the ecu into thinking it’s still there.

So I’d suggest it’s either the bypass module, wiring or the actual ecu that has failed now. Can’t be more help as I’ve never worked on one.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Barry, This guy had his CLB kit fail/stop working, so bought/fitted another one. Looks a relatively straightforward item to install?

Presume that the one fitted 2 years ago was by Ian Allan? They haven't fitted another one?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Don't know Barry. Presumably the car started "as normal" & no DIC message when it left Ian Allan with the 2nd CLB kit fitted? i.e. problem has re-occurred since? If so, what are they saying now? Don't know if you have seen this, but there appears to be another (more expensive) alternative to buying a CLB kit (NB 2005 US spec autos don't have the steering lock/only manuals?):

I'd give Keith at Eurovettes a call to see if he has any ideas?

Last edited:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi , an update on my column lock problem, after an unsatisfactory spell at Ian Allen my car was trailered to auto parts USA in Stockport, after only 5 days NEIL and John cured my faulty electrics ( new module, reprogramming car etc ) and replaced a leaking oil cooling pipe on the diff . My car is so much sharper in every way . A five star company should you need one I am seriously impressed with them !
I used Auto Parts for my C7 Z06 that had a problem with a rough idle,they identified the cause ( faulty injector) and got it back to its normal self also did a recall on it while it was there FOC .Would i recommend them-----------YES.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Think this thread would be good to have in the C6 (Technical) Forum? Barry, just as a matter of interest, when you say "new module" above, is that Parts USA fitting a new (third) CLB Kit or some other fix?