C7 Ripped in Half

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
We weren’t able to find out many details about the dramatic demise of this C7 Corvette on Sunday, but suffice it to say the most important fact is that apparently no one was killed ?
That’s hard to believe based on photos and video from the scene of the crash along Foothills Boulevard in Roseville, California.

The Laguna Blue C7 Corvette wound up split in two, with the rear half winding up in the emergency lane and the front half,
including the engine many yards away and facing in the opposite direction, resting near shrubbery and a tree in the median.

Roseville Police said the crash occurred as a result of high-speed driving, with the impact splitting the Corvette apart and sending debris across the roadway.

122121_4b.jpg122121_5b.jpg

Vet68

CCCUK Member
Ouch..

I would say the car was in two, but not in half. Good to see that the driver/passenger compartment remained intact around the occupant or occupants. I hope they were OK after that.

Corvette

Well-known user
I would hope that car was a previous cut and shut to of chopped the chassis rails like that. If not a previous chopped car there must be a mathematical equation to work out drivers speed on impact.

petchy56

CCCUK Member
Its makeup, phone , coffee spill and velosity = tree dont move. Lucky lady. Questionable build quality thats not a big tree. Slighty different angle of impact she woudnt be standing there.

Roscobbc

But many trees unless old and decayed will literally be immovable objects unless hit by something of a far larger and heavier mass (like a truck) which if hit low enough to the tree's base would shap off the trunk. In the case of a car and with a tree that perhaps has a 10" diameter trunk and hit at perhaps over 2 foot from its base the tree will just absorb the impact and spring back. There is minimal frontal compression damage to the cabin - perhaps the car has hit the tree side-on directly forward of the screen/bulkhead but behind the engine and front clip, wiping off the entire fron 'clip' and engine?

petchy56

CCCUK Member
I agree totally with what you say.Never argue with the wife whilst driving, or drink drive. Glad i dont have to deal with these incidents anymore. Stay safe and have a good Christmas. Thanks for the Youtube TeameZR1.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I agree totally with what you say.Never argue with the wife whilst driving, or drink drive. Glad i dont have to deal with these incidents anymore. Stay safe and have a good Christmas. Thanks for the Youtube TeameZR1.

Your Welcome Petchy56
Though not a good video to report

Good job by GM engineers in the design as it allowed the driver to get out and not injured at all
The A and B pillars and door frame held up to that amount of force while whole front clip came off
Some force to also have taken out the driveshaft

Real force in the way the whole windshield was smashed yet still in 1 piece

122121_4b.jpg