Car story from today

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Today I saw a classic american muscle car so naturally I waited for the owner to appear so I could talk to them but I was surprised to see what looked like a late 20s blondie (and her kid :rolleyes:) get in and drive away. It was red and I think said ford on the back and had SS in the grill but I thought chevy did camaro with SS in the grill not ford?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Today I saw a classic american muscle car so naturally I waited for the owner to appear so I could talk to them but I was surprised to see what looked like a late 20s blondie (and her kid :rolleyes:) get in and drive away.

I love seeing women driving Muscle cars, Semi Trucks and large capacity Motorcycles. (y)

richie500

CCCUK Member
Today i saw this guy hiding behind a large wheelie bin, he was shady looking and appeared very nervous. This nice young lady came out of the supermarket with her young child when all of a sudden he jumped out from the behind the bin and started running towards her shouting he wanted to talk to her. The lady quickly jumped in her car with her child and drove.
Police are looking for a young man with black hair and a large moustache wearing a cowboy hat seen getting away on a childs BMX bike :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Camaro gets my vote

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Today i saw this guy hiding behind a large wheelie bin, he was shady looking and appeared very nervous. This nice young lady came out of the supermarket with her young child when all of a sudden he jumped out from the behind the bin and started running towards her shouting he wanted to talk to her. The lady quickly jumped in her car with her child and drove.
Police are looking for a young man with black hair and a large moustache wearing a cowboy hat seen getting away on a childs BMX bike :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Camaro gets my vote
I wasn't interested when I saw she had a kid.

Roscobbc

Really?..
I would never have called them that from a Brits perspective living on our little island.
They look the business to me...
View attachment 12726
I'm with Nassau. They were a bit low rent in their day. OK its a hardtop coupe (kinda) but the rear windows don't roll-down like a proper coupe. Its a bit like GM's version of Ford's Maverick. When do you ever see one of lil' friggers eh?
188951_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
GM's answer to Ford's Pinto (known as simply POS)
The Vega !
Also known as the rust bucket

Or better yet DeLorean's Folly

DeLorean and his dispirited staff were particularly unimpressed by the Vega's new 2.3-liter engine,
which used an unlined aluminum block and an iron cylinder head containing a single camshaft.

While the block's aluminum construction was innovative, the rest of the engine was almost old-fashioned.
And with an output of o in standard form, it meant that the Vega was hardly thrilling to drive.

Ends up even GM would not admit they were the builder of that slug, so they instead made a deal with Japan to found the NUMI plant
in Fremont, Ca to co-build even worse crap and GM went down the tubes from there.

vega.jpg