Car will not start

Richard Evans

CCCUK Member
Help please. The car started ok this morning no problem. I have since cleaned the car and now it will not start or even turn over.
It is an auto. Keyless entry. I have to use the key at the rear number plate to gain entry into the car. It will not even turn over with jump leads.
I have tried both fobs also TIA

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Do you have any voltage in the battery? If the doors were left open whilst cleaning maybe the battery has Kaput?
I used to get "fob not present" on my C6 occasionally if I had both fobs near the car at the same time. Are there any dashboard lights showing when you open the door with the emergency release.?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
1) How old are the batteries in the fobs/When last changed or tested? Timpsons can check the fob battery for you. Maybe that batteries in both fobs have given up, and therefore not recognised by car/no signal and therefore would not let you open door keyless or start car? (i.e. "No Fob Detected"). Try putting the Fob in the glovebox slot to start it?
2) How old is the car battery? Battery conditioner/charger attached when car not in use?

Last edited: