Central North "Let's make it HOTTER at the OTTER!" (Sunday 30th August 2020)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hope you’re well and staying safe. As we all know, Covid-19 has done it’s best to decimate our car meets/shows this year, and that is not an attempt to belittle the human loss it has caused in any way. However, I have some good news for you. I have been informed by a club member that there will be an American Car meet at the ‘Lincolnshire Otter’ pub, Somerby Way, Gainsborough, DN21 1QT this coming Sunday 30th August. The weather forecast looks good as I type this to you. It would be great to see this summer out with a huge Corvette turn out at this venue. The pub is open from 9:00am to 10:00pm that day so all three meal times could be covered if you have the stamina? I have contacted the organiser and he is more than happy to see a Corvette invasion at the meet. Please check out the place online, it’s fairly easy to find and has a huge car park. I would hope to get there pretty early in order to meet and greet people as they arrive. If you could contact me either by message, phone call, Facebook or on our website to give me some idea if you may attending then that would be appreciated. I understand that some members will be at the Sharnbrook Hotel this coming weekend and they cannot be in two places at once. If you fancy meeting some club members but don’t like the thought of driving down to Bedfordshire then come along, I’d love to meet you.

So hey – let’s attempt to put the Coronavirus blues behind us and send summer 2020 out with a bang !!!

As our summer gets cooler – let’s warm up 'The Otter'

Paul Newman
Tel. 07901 853691

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi folks - had a poor turn out at The Lincolnshire Otter yesterday, but big thanks to Richard, Ivan & Graham for showing up. We had some great classic American cars there too, my favourite being a lovely metallic blue 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood. Thanks to the organiser David for letting us join his group for the day. Although the weather stayed dry, there was still a cool wind throughout the morning and early part of the afternoon. Breakfast was nice and as always the chat was even better. I will endeavour to post a few pics as soon as I get around to it -cheers!

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Not a problem, never a good time for bereavement. I'm sure we'll catch up with each other sooner or later. Take care and keep in touch, sorry to hear your news.