Chrome bumper

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi, anyone bought one of the copy front bumpers,( usa made and licensed by GM)? Ck supply them , would like to see a good pic of one on a members car before ordering

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Assuming it's for a C3 ? I've seen photos of the reproduction units and they weren't that great a fit. At the ends where they curve around the front the repro's don't follow the body and 'flare out' somewhat. Maybe source an original and have re chromed?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Assuming it's for a C3 ? I've seen photos of the reproduction units and they weren't that great a fit. At the ends where they curve around the front the repro's don't follow the body and 'flare out' somewhat. Maybe source an original and have re chromed?
Thanks, I had sern the pics of bad shape and fit, my thinking was surely Gm wouldnt license a bar that didnt fit the car. Could those be pics of a cheap chinese copy part. Thats why i would only buy one having seen one first. Just that re chroming is shockingly expensive but rather pay up than have a bad fit.

Emc

Supporting vendor
I have a 72 I am restoring, with a GM bumper on it, I also have a brand new one , one will be for sale soon

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I have a 72 I am restoring, with a GM bumper on it, I also have a brand new one , one will be for sale soon
If the brand new one was available or if the original is A1 then I would be interested. My rears were rechromed in the US, the front has greyed and is ok but will need re chroming or replacing to be as good as the rears 👍

Reactions: Emc