Coming to you soon - E85 (and its effects)

Roscobbc

As we all know Ethanol fuel has been with us for a few years now and there have been plenty of discussions about the pro's and con's and effects it might have on older non-injected Corvettes fuel systems. With fuel companies planning to increase the Ethanol content in future should we be concerned? - perhaps if your vehicle is used infrequently. For cars that are used regularly, perhaps every few weeks......no issues. For those of us laying up our cars over winter, especially in cold damp garages perhaps the video below even though rather extreme will give a few pointers in how to best store your vehicle. Of course if you have access to Esso's non-ethanol fuel then its half the potential battle.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
An interesting practical experiment . Pity the presenter was on `speed` though ! It certainly raises questions about the effectiveness of anti ethanol additives . :unsure:
Unfortunately I only have two Esso non ethanol stations within 10 miles of me and the next nearest is 15 miles away . A pain in the butt for a fill up unless I happen to be passing that way . Problem is , the ethanol damage is probably done by now .:(