Coronavirus effect on C5 and C6 Prices

Woodsy99

CCCUK Member
I’ve just started the search for what seems to be a hard to find car - an LS3 engined manual convertible with low mileage, few owners, solid history both per shipping to the U.K. and post arrival here and if I can’t find one, will have to settle for something else, such as a similar spec late C5.

Given the current situation it seems that classic car prices generally are going to fall but by how much is unsure. For example, a clean looking 2006 C6 manual convertible was on eBay very recently but there was no history with it and it had done 71K miles. Bidding went quickly up to GBP18.1K then abruptly stopped some time before the end of the auction which is unusual. It failed to reach its reserve (unspecified) and I suspect this may have been because bidders may have taken the view that prices are going to drop because of Coronavirus

If prices are starting to drop, I would expect it C5/6 owners considering selling would split into 2 camps - either to sell now quickly before prices drop further or hang on for a year or so hoping that any fall would only be temporary and that prices would recover to previous levels

Do any CCUK members have views on prices going forward? If so, I’d be pleased to hear them.

Nick

Roscobbc

I suspect that many buyers/sellers will put all purchasing/selling and even hobby car usage ideas on hold certainly in the short term and probably for the the rest of this year. Bringing cars over from the 'States is not going to be a financially viable option on late model cars once you factor-in the additional duties you'll pay compared with a 'classic'. And then there is the Dollar/Pound exchange rate currently getting closer and closer to parity........

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
It is a buyers market and will get stronger as the covid-19 grows exponentially as some vehicle owners will have a need to cash in.