Corvette beginner looking for a C3

Boeingdriver

CCCUK Member
Hi all,
Just joined the club after meeting members at the classic car show.
Have lived in the States for a year and had a Caddy Fleetwood so not new to US cars but certainly new to owning a Corvette here in the UK.
Ideally I am looking for a really nice solid C3 preferably with chrome/part chrome so anything upto a 1973 example. I’ve had loads of terrific advice and done a stack of research but any top tips, pointers would be great.
Thanks.

jaybee

New user
Hi Boeingdriver, I am unexpectedly losing my garage and have no wish to pay to store my 1970 Corvette Stingray Convertible 350 cu-in (5.7-litre) small block 300 bhp V8 with a wide-ratio 4-speed manual gearbox. I bought it from The Market earlier this year and have greatly enjoyed it over the summer. Let me know if of interest? Video here
Cheers, J

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You are quite welcome to store it for free in my garage as long as you leave the keys with me and it has a full tank of fuel :cool::D:ROFLMAO:

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi Boeingdriver, I am unexpectedly losing my garage and have no wish to pay to store my 1970 Corvette Stingray Convertible 350 cu-in (5.7-litre) small block 300 bhp V8 with a wide-ratio 4-speed manual gearbox. I bought it from The Market earlier this year and have greatly enjoyed it over the summer. Let me know if of interest? Video here
Cheers, J
Wow, love red on white, looks a great car , You should move quick as that wont hang around for long 😁👍

Kevpix

CCCUK Member
I presume this beautiful C3 is long gone. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did it go for?

jaybee

New user
Hi Kevpix, I managed to move somewhere with a double garage and so the Vette is safely stored and secure. Still willing to sell if the right offer comes along.

Kevpix

CCCUK Member
Glad to hear you have the storage. It’s a lovely looking car so won’t insult you by offering what I can afford. I’m a newbie so still trying to get a good idea of the value of C3’s in various conditions e.g fair, good, excellent etc. Have a great summer.

Boeingdriver

CCCUK Member
Hi jaybee.
Really sorry didn't get back to you, am rubbish at navigating forums and keeping up to date. Have seen your video and your car looks amazing. A credit to you.
Glad you found somewhere to keep it safe.
To be honest I've been looking for a red/ orange car pref early 70's.
Thanks for asking stealthyflatfish, I have been in touch with some incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and great guys during my search.
Being a member of this club and the guidance from fellow members and reps has been invaluable.
I'm now (fingers crossed) very close to purchasing a red 73 which has had some amazing tlc in her past and is currently receiving more.
Will be posting pics as a proud owner as and when I can.
Cheers guys.

Last edited: